First-Year Student Scholarship Guidelines
- Submission deadline is January 15, 2017
- To qualify for scholarships, you must be a spring 2017 graduate from an Ohio high school planning to enroll at Ohio University Zanesville in the Fall Semester immediately after your high school graduation
- Only students who have submitted an application for admission, the $20 non-refundable application fee, official high school transcripts, and required test scores by January 15, 2017 are eligible
- Students who are selected to receive an academic scholarship will be notified by mail no later than February 15, 2017
- Scholarship awards will be based on students’ academic performance AND ACT and/or SAT score
- Scholarship recipients will have until May 1, 2017 to accept their award, failure to return the Scholarship Acceptance Form by May 1, 2017 will result in the scholarship offered being rescinded
- Students who are selected to receive an academic scholarship will receive one of the following amounts:
- All scholarship offers may be renewed for a second year provided the student meets the following criteria:
Must earn a minimum of 30 semester hours during their first year of enrollment at Ohio University Zanesville (Fall and Spring semester only)
Must earn a minimum 3.3 grade point average during their first year of enrollment at Ohio University Zanesville (Fall and Spring semester only)
*Please note the above scholarship criteria are subject to change without prior notice. Scholarship awards are based on the availability of funds, all decisions are final.
The University Outreach & Regional Campuses Relocate Scholarshipis a $2500 scholarship. It requires relocation to the Athens Campus as a full time student for Fall Semester, and is renewable for one year providing a 3.0 GPA is maintained.
Zane State Transfer Scholarship
Student must complete the application, be a graduate from Zane State College with and Associate Degree, have higher than a 3.0 GPA, and enroll in a Bachelor Degree program to be completed on the OU Zanesville campus. Students are required to maintain full-time status of 12 credit hours or more and be in good academic standing at the end of each term with a 2.5 or higher GPA. Recipients will be reviewed at the end of the academic year for the scholarship to be renewed. Scholarship amount is $1500/academic year (split between two semesters).
Current Ohio University Students
Students enrolled at Ohio University Zanesville who are interested in applying for scholarships may do so at the link below. (after January 1st)
For more information contact Student Services at 740/588-1439.
Other Outside Scholarships
- FastWeb : Free scholarship search.
- contact local businesses & civic organizations
- parents place of business