Ohio University Zanesville: Non-Degree Seeking Student
Admission for Non-Degree Seeking Students
Please read the following information prior to completing the non-degree application below.
Who should complete the non-degree student application?
- Non-degree Students: A student who wishes to carry a limited number of courses at the University during the regular academic year and DOES NOT want to earn an undergraduate degree from Ohio University.
- Teachers Seeking Certification: A college graduate who wants teacher certification through Ohio University's College of Education.
- Graduate Students Taking Undergraduate Courses: An applicant to a graduate program at Ohio University who needs to take undergraduate courses before admission to or registration in a graduate program.
- Summer Students Continuing Registration: A student who completed a summer only application, but wants to continue to register for classes during the regular academic year as a non-degree student.
- Transient Students: A transient student is one who intends to take courses at Ohio University for credit and then transfer them to another institution.
- International Applicants: Any student who holds or will hold a temporary visa should contact International Admissions, Chubb Hall 125.
Who should not complete this application?
- Post-Secondary Education Applicants (PSEO)
- Students looking to pursue a degree at Ohio University
- Former or current Ohio University students
- Students who have been denied admission to a degree program at Ohio University
- Students currently dismissed or under suspension at another institution
Things to keep in mind:
- You will NOT be eligible for federal or institutional student financial aid as a non-degree student
- You will be in a freshmen-level registration group based on the hours earned at Ohio University
- You will not be given transfer credit for work completed at another institution unless you are later admitted to a degree program at Ohio University.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED certificate to apply as a non-degree student
Please complete the Non-Degree Student Application and return with the $20 nonrefundable application fee to:
1425 Newark Rd
Zanesville, OH 43701