Zanesville Coronavirus Information
The buildings on the Ohio University Zanesville are now restricted to faculty and staff for your health and safety. See information below for WiFi access.
Ohio University Zanesville has developed this special web page for our students to provide resources and guidance as we complete the Spring 2020 semester through remote and online learning. The University wants students to know that, even though we are not physically together at this time, our faculty and staff are working hard to ensure continuity of instruction as you progress through your academic career. We are here for you, because Bobcats take care of one another. More information is being added. Please check this page often for updates.
Ohio University Zanesville Information
- Zanesville Library
- Student Services Contact List (PDF)
- IT Services and Support
- Zanesville IT Work Order
- Campus/Building Hours of Operation
- WiFi Access
- Remote Tutoring (updated 5/14/20 for Summer 2020)
- Testing Center
- Making payments
- Using MS Teams to contact faculty/staff
- Satisfactory / No Credit Grades
Ohio University Information
- Keep Learning
- University Response and Information
- Coronavirus Response FAQ
- Keep Teaching
- Keep Working
- The Zanesville campus buildings are now restricted to faculty and staff for your health and safety. See information below for WiFi access.
Testing at Ohio University Zanesville campus has been paused at this time. The buildings on campus are now restricted to faculty and staff for your health and safety.
At this time, individual placement and program entrance testing is postponed. Testing services are not available for groups of students or for exams for entire class sections.
Regional campuses are not accepting in-person tuition/fee payments until further notice. Inquiries can be made via email (email@example.com) or by phone (740.593.4130).
Accepted Forms of Payment
Students: To make an online payment on your student account, login to My OHIO Student Center. Under the Finances section select “Make a Payment.” This will direct you to our online payment processor. Please be sure to turn off any pop up blockers for your browser.
Authorized Users: To make an online payment, login to your Authorized User account. Please be sure to turn off any pop up blockers for your browser.
The Office of the Bursar accepts the following types of payment:
eCheck (available online only): No service fee is charged for this option. You will need to provide your bank’s routing number and your checking or savings account number. If you have questions regarding the correct numbers to use, please contact your financial institution. Do NOT use the numbers on your debit card. Dishonored ACH payments are charged a $25.00 service fee.
Credit Card (available online): A service fee of 2.9% is added to the total payment. This is a fee charged by our payment processor; Ohio University does not receive this additional fee. MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
Personal Check, Cashier’s Check, or Money Order (available by mail or in person): Payments should be made to the order of Ohio University. Dishonored checks are charged a $25.00 service fee. Please include your OHIO PID number in the memo line of the payment. Checks may be mailed to: Office of the Bursar, P.O. Box 960, Athens, OH 45701
- If you are experiencing financial difficulty due to COVID-19, visit https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?OhioUniv&layout_id=45 and apply for a Student Emergency Microgrant. Available to all OHIO students, these funds are designated to help alleviate the following short-term financial needs:
- Technology and connectivity needs related to distance learning
- Books and other instructional expenses
- Tuition and instructional fees (for students with balances of $1,000 or less)
- Personal Automobile/Travel
- Medical/Dental bills (cannot cover outstanding balances)
- Other emergency or unforeseen circumstances
- Click here for more information: COVID-19 Ohio University Student Support Fund
- WiFi Access on Zanesville campus available in the parking lot in front of Elson Hall
- Any student who earns a letter grade of A to C- in any course during this semester (except for exempt courses) may choose to keep their grade or receive a S (Satisfactory) grade for that course.
- These students earning grades of A to C- have until May 13, 2020 to choose the “S” option for any of their courses that are not exempt or keep the grades they got.
- If a student likes the letter grade they got for a course, he/she does not have to do anything to keep that grade.
- However, if a student does not like the letter grade they got for a class, as long as they earned at least a C- for the course, they can change it to S.
- Students will be provided the option to change their grade on their own in the system. Please note that once a student switches to S, there is no option to switch back to a letter grade. So, they have to be careful here.
- Any D+ to D- grade will be converted automatically to an S (Satisfactory) grade for any course that is not exempt.
- Any F grade will be converted automatically to an NC (No Credit) grade for any course that is not exempt.
- FN and FS grades (where students failed for not attending class) will remain unchanged.
- S and NC grades will have no impact on a student’s GPA.
- The S grade will meet all requisite, major, and degree requirements.
- While the NC will not impact a student’s GPA, it cannot be used to meet any requirements or prerequisite.
- The courses that are exempt from this policy are those where the program requires a letter grade due to accreditation. This link contains the list of the exempt courses: https://www.ohio.edu/registrar/exempted-courses.