Biometric Health Screenings
As a component of Healthy OHIO, benefits-participating Ohio University employees and benefits-participating spouses/partners can participate in FREE* health screenings annually to receive $60 (taxable) on an OHIO paycheck. If both spouses/partners on a medical plan participate in the screening, $120 will be added to the paycheck of the benefits-carrying employee. Athens campus screenings occur each Fall semester; regional campus screenings occur each Spring semester.
The Athens campus screening window for FY20 has closed. Any Athens affiliate who engages in qualifying lab work with their physician from December 1, 2019 - November 30, 2020 may utilize the Physician Screening Form but please note that we will not accept such forms until September 2, 2020.
Biometric Health Screening Options:
All benefits-participating University employees and their benefits-participating spouses/partners have several options to participate in a free* screening and earn $60 (taxable) on an upcoming paycheck**.
Each participant only needs to engage in one of the following options to receive your taxable financial incentive:
- On-Campus Screening: Participate in the FY20 on-campus screening date for your campus or employment group (AFSCME). Each appointment lasts approximately 15 minutes.
- Athens Campus:
- The Athens Campus screening date for FY20 has passed.
- The FY21 screening date will be announced in mid-2020.
- Regional Campuses (Registration will open in early 2020):
- Tuesday, March 17: Southern
- Wednesday, March 18: Zanesville
- Thursday, March 19: Chillicothe
- Tuesday, March 24: Lancaster
- Wednesday, March 25: Eastern
- Thursday, March 26: Dublin
- Tentative: Friday, March 27: Cleveland
- Athens Campus:
- Physician Screening Form: Planning to complete a screening with your physician this year? Have them complete a Physician Screening Form!
- OhioHealth WorkHealth Athens, Castrop Center (Athens campus affiliates only):
- The screening window for this option has closed for FY20. FY21 details will be released in mid-2020.
Please note that, with each of the options above, your results should be provided to you directly. Additionally, results will be input into your profile in Virgin Pulse. WellWorks will not retain a copy of your results. So, if you wish to access your results, it's a good idea to either share your results with your physician to store in your medical chart and/or set-up your account in Virgin Pulse prior to your screening.
Participants need only to participate on one screening option. For example, if you participated in an on-campus screening, you do not need to submit a Physician Screening Form.
For all campus screenings and screenings that occur at Athens WorkHealth Clinic: It is recommended that you fast for your screening 8-12 hours; however, if you need to schedule a time when fasting is difficult, don't fast. Inform the clinical team you are non-fasting and a non-fasting parameter for results will be used. Water is always allowed and is encouraged.
Physician Screening Form Details:
Eligible employees/spouses/partners who received a qualifying health screening from their physician can submit a Physician Screening Form (see PDFs below) instead of attending a screening event. Please note that this is a two-page document.
Forms: Please utilize one of the forms below (Athens campus or Regional campus) for qualifying lab work. The agreement (page one) and the physician screening form (page two) are both due at the same time.
Physician Screening Form logistics:
- Important Dates and Deadlines:
- FY20 Physician Screening Forms for Athens campus employees were due at 11:59 p.m. on November 30, 2019.We will not accept late forms.
- FY21 Physician Screening Forms for Athens campus employees must verify eligible lab work which occurred between December 2, 2019 and November 30, 2020. We will begin accepting FY21 forms for the Athens campus on September 2, 2020.We will not accept forms before this time.
- Regional Campuses:
- FY20 Physician Screening Forms for regional campus employees must verify eligible lab work which occurred between April 23, 2019 and the date of your campus' on-campus screening (see above).
- We will begin accepting FY20 forms for the regional campuses on January 15, 2020. We will not accept forms before this time.
- Regional campus Physician Screening Forms are due on March 31, 2020.
- If you complete your screening at WorkHealth or at your campus' on-campus screening, you do not need to complete a Physician Screening Form.
- Once your physician has completed the required fields of the form, you or your physician can fax the completed and signed form to WellWorks per the instructions on the form.
- We will contact you when we receive the form. Please email email@example.com if you do not hear from us.
We highly encourage participants who utilize the Physician Screening Form to discuss the status of their appointment with their physician to ensure the visit is classified as preventive care within the Anthem network.
*Costs Associated with Screenings
While preventive care within the Anthem network is covered at 100%, services that are outside of the Anthem network and/or not classified as preventive care are subject to cost sharing. Please discuss the status of your visit with your physician's office.
Please note that it does take some time to process all Healthy OHIO data and submit such data to payroll for payout on a paycheck. While it is our intention to assure payouts from Biometric Health Screenings will occur with 60 days of the conclusion of your campus' screening window, please be aware that unforeseen obstacles may delay such payouts.