Biometric Health Screenings
Notice: Due to health and safety concerns relating to COVID-19, our Biometric Health Screening options for FY21 are currently being revised.
The information below reflects the operating details from previous years, but does not reflect the FY21 program. We continue to be committed to your wellbeing and are working to craft a program that continues to support you without exposing you to unnecessary harm with an in-person program. When the FY21 program has been determined, we will update this website and announce the details of the new program in our Healthy OHIO newsletter.
As a component of Healthy OHIO, benefits-participating Ohio University employees and benefits-participating spouses/partners can participate in FREE* health screenings annually to receive $60 (taxable) on an OHIO paycheck. If both spouses/partners on a medical plan participate in the screening, $120 will be added to the paycheck of the benefits-carrying employee. Athens campus screenings occur each Fall semester; regional campus screenings occur each Spring semester (note: Spring 2020 events have been postponed due to concern over Coronavirus).
The Athens campus screening window for FY20 has closed. Any Athens affiliate who engages in qualifying lab work with their physician from December 1, 2019 - November 30, 2020 may utilize the Physician Screening Form but please note that we will not accept such forms until September 2, 2020.
Regional Campuses: March 2020 Screening Events were originally rescheduled for September 2020. Though, at this time, we are not sure if those screenings will occur. A comparable program will be offered if the in-person program is canceled.
Biometric Health Screening Options:
All benefits-participating University employees and their benefits-participating spouses/partners have several options to participate in a free* screening and earn $60 (taxable) on an upcoming paycheck**.
Each participant only needs to engage in one of the following options to receive your taxable financial incentive:
- On-Campus Screening: Participate in the FY20 on-campus screening event. Each appointment lasts approximately 15 minutes.
- Athens Campus:
- The Athens Campus screening date for FY20 has passed.
- The FY21 replacement program will be announced shortly.
- Regional Campuses, On-Campus Screening Dates: All Regional Campus March 2020 screening events were postponed to September 2020. The dates below are subject to change or cancellation out of concern for the safety of our employees/spouses/partners:
September 9: Chillicothe
September 10: Dublin
September 15: Southern
September 16: Lancaster
September 17: Eastern
September 24: Zanesville
- On-Campus Screening Appointment Details:
- Regional Campus affiliates: We will announce the URL for online registration of the rescheduled dates as soon as they are available.
- Advance appointments are requested.
- Having trouble with the online scheduler? Check out the User Guide for more info.
- You do not need to bring anything to your appointment.
- Fasting is optional (see "Fasting Details" below)
- Athens Campus:
- Physician Screening Form: Planning to complete a screening with your physician this year? Have them complete a Physician Screening Form! At this time, we are unsure if this program will continue as normal in FY21 and are, therefore, not accepting Physician Screening Forms.
- OhioHealth WorkHealth Athens, Castrop Center (Athens campus affiliates only):
- The screening window for this option has closed for FY20. FY21 details will be released in mid-2020.
Please note that, with each of the options above, your results should be provided to you directly. Additionally, results will be input into your profile in Virgin Pulse. WellWorks will not retain a copy of your results. So, if you wish to access your results, it's a good idea to either share your results with your physician to store in your medical chart and/or set-up your account in Virgin Pulse prior to your screening.
Participants need only to participate on one screening option. For example, if you participated in an on-campus screening, you do not need to submit a Physician Screening Form.
For all campus screenings and screenings that occur at Athens WorkHealth Clinic: It is recommended that you fast for your screening 8-12 hours; however, if you need to schedule a time when fasting is difficult, don't fast. Inform the clinical team you are non-fasting and a non-fasting parameter for results will be used. Water is always allowed and is encouraged.
Physician Screening Form Details:
Eligible employees/spouses/partners who received a qualifying health screening from their physician can submit a Physician Screening Form (see PDFs below) instead of attending a screening event. Please note that this is a two-page document.
Forms: Please utilize one of the forms below (Athens campus or Regional campus) for qualifying lab work. The agreement (page one) and the physician screening form (page two) are both due at the same time.
- Athens Campus Physician Screening Form [PDF]
- Regional Campus Physician Screening Form [PDF]. Updated deadline: September 30, 2020
Physician Screening Form logistics:
- Important Dates and Deadlines:
- FY20 Physician Screening Forms for Athens campus employees were due at 11:59 p.m. on November 30, 2019.We will not accept late forms.
- FY21 Physician Screening Forms for Athens campus employees are not currently being accepted.
- Regional Campuses:
- FY20 Physician Screening Forms for regional campus employees must verify eligible lab work which occurred between April 23, 2019 and September 30, 2020.
- We began accepting FY20 forms for the regional campuses on January 15, 2020 but ask that no forms are faxed to us during our closure (beginning March 16, 2020).
- If Athens-affiliates complete a screening at WorkHealth or any campus' affiliates complete a screening at their campus' on-campus screening, they do not need to complete a Physician Screening Form.
- Once your physician has completed the required fields of the form, you or your physician can fax the completed and signed form to WellWorks per the instructions on the form.
- We will contact you when we receive the form. Please email email@example.com if you do not hear from us.
We highly encourage participants who utilize the Physician Screening Form to discuss the status of their appointment with their physician to ensure the visit is classified as preventive care within the Anthem network.
*Costs Associated with Screenings
While preventive care within the Anthem network is covered at 100%, services that are outside of the Anthem network and/or not classified as preventive care are subject to cost sharing. Please discuss the status of your visit with your physician's office.
Please note that it does take some time to process all Healthy OHIO data and submit such data to payroll for payout on a paycheck. While it is our intention to assure payouts from Biometric Health Screenings will occur with 60 days of the conclusion of your campus' screening window, please be aware that unforeseen obstacles may delay such payouts.