Biometric Health Screenings
As a component of Healthy OHIO, benefits-participating Ohio University employees and benefits-participating spouses/partners can participate in FREE* health screenings annually to receive $60 (taxable) on an OHIO paycheck. If both spouses/partners on a medical plan participate in the screening, $120 will be added to the paycheck of the benefits-carrying employee. Athens campus screenings occur each Fall semester; regional campus screenings occur each Spring semester.
All Ohio University campus health screening events and deadlines have passed for FY19. The information below is available for those preparing for the FY20 screening program.
Biometric Health Screening Options:
All benefits-participating University employees and their benefits-participating spouses/partners have several options to participate in a free* screening and earn $60 (taxable) on an upcoming paycheck.
Each participant only needs to engage in one of the following options to receive your taxable financial incentive:
Participate in the FY20 on-campus screening date for your campus or employment group (AFSCME). Each appointment lasts approximately 15 minutes.
- Athens Campus: Friday, October 4, 8:00 am. - 6:00 p.m.. Registration details TBA.
- Athens AFSCME Employees: Wednesday, October 16, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Registration details will be announced at a fall 2019 staff meeting.
- Regional Campuses: FY20 campus screening dates typically occur on a weekday in March/April from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Though, final details for each campus will be determined in early 2020
Physician Screening Form:
Planning to complete a screening with your physician this year? Have them complete a Physician Screening Form!
- Please see below for details about submitting a Physican Screening Form.
WorkHealth, Athens, Castrop Center
(Athens campus affiliates only): Schedule an appointment at WorkHealth Athens at OhioHealth O'Bleness Castrop Center from September-November (exact dates TBD).
- Appointment scheduling details will be provided shortly.
- OhioHealth will inform us of your participation, so you do not need to do any follow-up after your appointment.
Please note that, with each of the options above, your results should be provided to you directly. Additionally, results will be input into your profile in
. WellWorks will not retain a copy of your results. So, if you wish to access your results, it's a good idea to either share your results with your physician to store in your medical chart and/or set-up your account in Virgin Pulse prior to your screening.
Participants need only to participate on one screening option. For example, if you participated in an on-campus screening, you do not need to submit a Physician Screening Form.
Athens Campus Biometric Health Screening Date:
Friday, October 4 in Baker University Center, 2nd Floor Corridor
Athens AFSCME Employees:
An additional on-campus screening date is offered to Athens campus AFSCME employees to accommodate shift work. That date will be: Wednesday, October 16
from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. and will be located in Convocation Center Room S102. Registration details will be announced at a fall 2019 staff meeting.
Regional Campus Biometric Health Screening Dates:
Regional campus Biometric Health Screening dates typically occur in March/April of each year. Exact dates for each regional campus are determined in January/February. Please check back for exact dates.
For all campus screenings and screenings that occur at Athens WorkHealth Clinic: It is recommended that you fast for your screening 8-12 hours; however, if you need to schedule a time when fasting is difficult, don't fast. Inform the clinical team you are non-fasting and a non-fasting parameter for results will be used. Water is always allowed and is encouraged.
Physician Screening Form
Eligible employees/spouses/partners who received a qualifying health screening from their physician can submit a Physician Screening Form (see PDFs below) instead of attending a screening event. Please note that this is a two-page document.
The deadline for FY19 participation has passed. Any forms we receive at this time will be shredded.
- We will begin accepting FY20 forms for the Athens campus on September 2, 2019.
- We will begin accepting FY20 forms for the regional campuses on January 15, 2020.
Please utilize one of the forms below (Athens campus or Regional campus) for qualifying lab work.
The agreement (page one) and the physician screening form (page two) are both due at the same time.
Please note that we are not currently accepting Physician Screening Forms. The forms are provided here so you can bring them with you at the time of your appointment with your physician. Please hold onto your forms until the dates noted above.
Physician Screening Form logistics:
- FY20 Physician Screening Forms for Athens campus employees must verify eligible lab work which occurred between December 1, 2018 and November 30, 2019.
- FY20 Physician Screening Forms for regional campus employees must verify eligible lab work which occurred between April 23, 2019 and the date of your campus' on-campus screening (dates TBA, but typically occur in March/April).
- FY20 Physician Screening Forms for Athens campus employees are due at 11:59 p.m. on November 30, 2019.
- FY20 Physician Screening Forms for regional campus employees are tentatively due at 11:59 p.m. on March 30, 2020.
If you complete your screening at WorkHealth or at your campus' on-campus screening, you do
need to complete a Physician Screening Form.
- Once your physician has completed the required fields of the form, you or your physician can fax the completed and signed form to WellWorks per the instructions on the form.
- We will contact you when we receive the form. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not hear from us.
We highly encourage participants who utilize the Physician Screening Form to discuss the status of their appointment with their physician to ensure the visit is classified as preventative care within the Anthem network.
*Costs Associated with Screenings
While preventative care within the Anthem network is covered at 100%, services that are outside of the Anthem network and/or not classified as preventative care are subject to cost sharing. Please discuss the status of your visit with your physician's office.
Please note that it does take some time to process all Healthy OHIO data and submit such data to payroll for payout on a paycheck. While it is our intention to assure payouts from Biometric Health Screenings will occur with 60 days of the conclusion of your campus' screening window, please be aware that unforseen obstacles may delay such payouts.
The payouts from the Athens Campus Fall 2018 Biometric Health Screenings have been issued. The payouts for regional campus employees will occur in May 2019.