Guide: Upload and Link to Document from Editor
If you think this is what you should do, please contact Web Services before following these steps!
- Navigate your browser to http://author.oit.ohio.edu/subsite_name/manage
- Click Content from the left oriented drop down menu (older sites may be labeled Page Content)
- Click [Edit] for the page you want to link the document on (older sites may be labeled [E])
- Highlight the text you would like to have linked.
- Click on the Link button
- Click on the "Get link from Server..." button.
- In the Insert Formatted Text Block Link dialog select New Uploaded Document from the Type: drop down menu
- Click the Next button at the bottom of the window.
- In the Upload New Document window:
- Click the Browse button and search for your file on your computer.
- Provide a title that will help you recall the document later.
- Provide additional details about the document in the Description field. This is recommended, but optional.
- Click Save at the bottom right of the window and wait while the document upload process completes.
- The document is now uploaded to the CommonSpot server.
- The link will automatically populate and all you have to do is click OK and the link will be applied to the content screen.