At the request of the Ohio Department of Education (ODE), the Ohio Education Research Center conducted a survey of Ohio high schools’ implementation of financial literacy education, as required by Ohio Revised Code Section 3313.603(C)(7). The survey was developed to address the following questions:
- Are districts integrating the study of financial literacy into their high school curriculum?
- What types of financial literacy curriculum and instruction are Ohio’s school districts providing in order to meet the state requirements?
- What subjects and grades have financial literacy content standards embedded in the curriculum?
- How long is the financial literacy content taught?
- What type(s) of licensure do teachers who are teaching financial literacy hold?
- Are Ohio school districts partnering with other entities (e.g. banks) to deliver financial literacy content?
- Are there any differences in the financial literacy content and/or delivery methods by district type?
- What are some exemplary financial literacy education programs in Ohio?
Click here [PDF] to read the full report.