The Veterans and Military Student Services Center requires the following documentation BEFORE we are able to submit your classes to the VA for certification and payment:
1. Certificate of Eligibility - received from the VA once the chapter benefit applied for has been approved
2. DD 214, Member #4 (if applicable)
3. Veterans Educational Assistance File Card (can be found on this website at the tab "File Card")
Below are the various applications/forms. Please read to determine which application you need to use. If you have any questions, please contact our office (740.566.VETS(8387)) for assistance.
- New applicants for all chapters except CH 35
- For Spouses/Dependents only!
- Students under all chapters, except CH 31 and CH 35, who are transferring VA benefits to/from Ohio University
- New CH 35 applicants only!
- Students under CH 35 who are transferring VA benefits to/from Ohio University
Select the appropriate link to obtain the forms listed below:
- All students using GI Bill® education benefits
- Veterans must notify the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Veterans Coordinator of any address change. If you are currently receiving benefits or have received benefits in the last year, the WAVE system can be used to update your address with the Department of Veterans Affairs. All Ohio University students are responsible for updating their address.