Students Admitted for Fall Semester
BSO Programs for transfer students starting at Ohio University in the fall semester take place in June. For students who are unable to participate in the sessions in June due to extenuating circumstances, additional BSO programs are available in late July and August. Students who may need to take advantage of those later sessions should contact us.
Students Admitted for Spring or Summer Semester
BSO Programs for transfer students starting at Ohio University in the spring semester take place in January. Students admitted for the summer semester attend orientation in May. Students who are unable to attend the posted dates, should contact us to discuss additional options to meet the orientation requirement.
Program Goals for Students
Through participation in a Bobcat Student Orientation program, students will:
- Create a complete and appropriate first-semester schedule for their intended major.
- Begin to build their network of support and develop relationships with faculty, staff, and peers from their respective college through meaningful interactions.
- Feel more connected to the Ohio University community and begin to develop a sense of belonging.
- Learn more about the resources available and how their specific needs will be met as an Ohio University student.
Learning Outcomes for Transfer Students
Through participation in a Bobcat Student Orientation program and active engagement in all components of the program, students will:
- Understand their degree requirements and how to correctly read their Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) reports.
- Identify campus resources, services, or programs available to students and choose the appropriate situation for which they may be needed.
- Explain Ohio University’s values and how they can be a contributing member of our community.
- Analyze their previous experiences and develop a plan to achieve their goals as an Ohio University student.