You are a relocating student if you are currently attending one of Ohio University’s regional campuses and wish to attend the Athens campus. Relocation is possible for any semester, though you must have earned at least 12 credit hours of coursework that is not developmental or remedial on the regional campus with a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA to be eligible for relocation. Students who have earned fewer than 12 credit hours at a regional campus will be subject to Athens campus admission guidelines. Contact the student services office on your regional campus for additional information.
Students relocating to the Athens campus from a regional campus are not required to attend an orientation session on the Athens campus. However, all students are encouraged to attend our Relocate Day program to familiarize themselves with their new campus. At Relocate Day, students will review academic requirements for their programs, or learn about their requirements if changing their major, as well as hear more about the resources and services available on the Athens campus. One major benefit to attending this program is that attendees register for classes for the next semester before any other students. Students must participate in the full Relocate Day program to register for courses during the program.
Students interested in relocating should meet the above requirements for relocating before attending a Relocate Day program. If you are currently on academic or transfer probation, you are not eligible to attend Relocate Day. Students who cannot attend Relocate Day should meet with their regional campus advisor and schedule for Athens campus classes during their regular advising time.
Students relocating to the Athens campus in summer or fall attend Relocate Day in March. Students relocating to the Athens campus in spring semester attend Relocate Day in October.
Students who don't participate in the Relocate Day program should contact the people below to discuss getting advised by an advisor on the Athens campus and can register themselves for Athens campus courses. These students should also complete the "Make a Housing Plan" steps below.
Relocate Day has already happened for summer and fall 2021. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions regarding the relocate process.
Information about Relocate Day for students moving to Athens in Spring 2022 will be available on this website by September 15, 2021.
Make a Housing Plan
Ohio University requires that all first- and second-year students reside on campus and participate in a meal plan for two academic years (4 semesters). In most cases this period comprises the freshmen and sophomore years at OHIO.
- Students wishing to live on campus, should complete the Notice of Relocation to the Athens Campus form.
- Consideration for housing exemption is given for those relocating students who can demonstrate two full years attending an accredited institution of higher education after high school graduation. Credit towards exemption eligibility from the housing requirement will not be given for college study completed while attending high school. Other exceptions to the rule requiring on-campus housing exist for commuters, students 23 years of age and older, military veterans, and other categories.
- Students wishing to be exempted from university housing and/or meal plan must submit a housing exemption request form for review and approval.
If you have academic questions about relocating or your major, please contact your college:
- University College: Didi Chilcott, 740.593.1935
- College of Arts and Sciences: Randy Price, 740.593.2844
- College of Business: Mike Bila, 740.593.2042
- Scripps College of Communication: Greg Moeller, 740.593.0246
- Patton College of Education: Maureen Coon, 740.593.1302
- Russ College of Engineering and Technology: Grace Saller, 740.593.1573
- College of Fine Arts: Maureen Wagner, 740.593.1813
- College of Health Sciences and Professions: Sara White, 740.593.9336