Weston's areas of expertise are sustainable agriculture, agroforestry, permaculture and orchard design.
His expertise also includes:
- managing his farm and event center – 15 years
- teaching at Hocking College – 7 years
- consulting – 3 years
Weston is a farmer, environmentalist, community organizer and teacher with a passion for sustainable living and nature exploration. He was born and raised in Athens County, where he now runs a sustainable education and event center called Solid Ground Farm. The farm also hosts RAW Summer Day Camp and a nature-based elementary school called Solid Ground School.
Weston currently directs Rising Appalachia, where he works to grow culture and community rooted in relationship with nature. Additionally, he is a father, fruit tree enthusiast and amateur philosopher.
- Permaculture Design Certificate
- Forest Garden Design Certificate
- Certificate in Situational Leadership
- BA Management and Strategic Leadership, Ohio University