Adam joined ACEnet in December 2016 as the Food Enterprise Coordinator. In his role, he manages ACEnet's shared-use kitchen incubator and assists with providing training and technical assistance to all of ACEnet's food and farm microenterprises. He serves as the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Coordinator for the ACEnet Food & Farm Enterprise Center in Nelsonville, Ohio, where small businesses produce artisanal, value-added, fully-inspected meat products. He works directly with entrepreneurs throughout the intake and assessment process, start-up and expansion stages. He has a wide-array of food safety certifications, including:
- Better Process Controls – 6 years
- HACCP-plan development and implementation – 5 years
- Preventive Controls for Human Food – 6 years
- Certified ServSafe instructor and proctor – 5 years
- Adam has assisted many food service entrepreneurs and employees through successful completion of the State-required Food Protection Manager certification course
Adam Kody came to Athens as an undergraduate student at Ohio University, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Restaurant, Hotel and Tourism. Adam returned to his hometown, Cleveland, for several years before he returned to Athens in 2016. He now resides in Guysville, Ohio, where he spends time experimenting in his test kitchen or strumming on his guitar.
Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs at Ohio University Executive Master of Public Administration Candidate