Faculty, please feel free to include the below text in your syllabus.
The Academic Achievement Center (AAC) provides free tutoring and academic coaching appointments that empower students to achieve independent academic success. Students meet with peer tutors to review principles, learn content-specific study strategies, and enhance content-area knowledge in historically difficult courses across many disciplines. Academic coaches assist with time management/procrastination, motivation, organization, test anxiety, and other study strategies. Writing tutors provide assistance at any point during the writing process.
Online tutoring appointments are available beginning the second week of classes. Students can make weekly or one-time appointments on the same day or in advance. For more information, the latest updates, and to use TutorTrac, visit the Academic Achievement Center's website.
To make the most of your tutoring or academic coaching session:
- Meet with a tutor or academic coach early in the semester. Do not procrastinate. Tutors and academic coaches have limited appointments and are booked quickly, particularly during mid-terms and the week before finals.
- For academic coaching sessions, please come prepared with your syllabi for your classes, especially if you would like help with time management/procrastination.
- For tutoring sessions, be prepared with your textbooks, notes, and specific questions concerning the material.
- Tutors are not teachers. They will not "lecture" or "re-teach." They do not replace a missed class. If you miss class, make sure you obtain notes from a classmate and meet with your professor during office hours.
- If you must cancel your appointment, do so in a timely manner. If you can't attend a session, please cancel your appointment 12 hours in advance on TutorTrac.