External Communication Team
UCM's External Communications Team provides strategic public and media relations services and support to departments, colleges, and schools throughout the University.
An overview of our services is provided below. If you would like to know more about how we can help you, please click here to e-mail us.
Strategic External Communications Planning
- Have a special project or communication need with an external impact? Let us help you find the most effective and efficient ways to tell your story to your important audiences.
- Public and media relations counseling: Planning how and when you talk with the media or other external publics can help you effectively share your information with targeted audiences.
Media Relations Services
- Editorial board visits, media interviews, news release/media advisory preparation and distribution, strategic media list development, media interview preparation and coordination, strategic messaging, media monitoring, key message and Q&A development, news conference support, special event media relations
- Proactive pitching: Let us help you tell your great stories! Our media relations specialists can work with you to craft a solid pitch to the media and help you get your news, story, or faculty/staff expert placed
- Media training
- Satellite interviews and news conferences
- Op-ed, editorial, and guest column writing and placement on topics supported by the entire University
Crisis and Emergency Communications Plans
- UCM can help you quickly and effectively disseminate information when an emergency or crisis situation occurs. We can also help your area prepare crisis communications plans that are ready to activate should the need arise.
Social Media Strategy and Support
- Work with us to help you make the most effective use of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other social media.
- Download general social media guidelines. (Word docx)