Update: Applications are no longer being accepted for spring semester.
OHIO University Communications and Marketing with support from the Division of Diversity and Inclusion has developed a new DEI Fellowship program, launching at the beginning of 2023’s spring semester. Seven OHIO students will be selected as paid DEI fellows; these student employees will work closely with UCM team members across disciplines and departments to create content and develop marketing strategies that help to inform and bolster our DEI efforts across the University. Fellows will also collaborate on and launch a special team project with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
By incorporating a broader range of student backgrounds and perspectives, OHIO will strengthen our ability to create authentic, inclusive and relevant marketing and messages that resonate with every member of our University community. This collaborative work will provide creative and talented individuals from historically underrepresented demographics the opportunity to gain paid, real-world experience with an award-winning team, while also helping every Bobcat continue to fulfill our ongoing mission to Make Respect Visible across campus and beyond,
Do You Have?
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion: Bring your passions with you!
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn: You will be doing real work that will make a difference.
- Enthusiastic interest in communications, marketing, and/or branding: These transferable skills will serve you well in any career.
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas:
- diversity studies, intergroup dialogue, cultural and intercultural consciousness, global mindset
- written and verbal communication (journalism or English composition courses, experience interviewing people and writing news or feature-type articles)
- visual communications (graphic design, photography, videography)
- digital communications (web design/development, social media strategy, content marketing, web edits in content management system)
- project management (workflow, team leadership, delegation, charting milestones and meeting deadlines)
- media planning (paid search, social media strategy, data analytics)
Your Work Matters
As a UCM DEI Fellow, you will gather new images, videos, and stories to build our content so that all student groups and diverse cultures are recognized and celebrated. Connect with student organizations and affinity groups around campus and in the OHIO community.
Help Create New Content
Follow the Division of Diversity and Inclusion and its offices on social media!