Providing the conditions in which someone can learn is our primary goal and it takes skill and dedication. Each semester we provide training for new and returning tutors. Training is a great way for us to share our experience, offer best practices, reflect and prepare for the upcoming semester, and get to know each other.
New Tutor Online Training & In-Person Training
Newly hired tutors must complete online and in-person tutor training. In-person training sessions take place in August and January. We meet to discuss a variety of topics to help you:
- understand our mission and your role as an AAC Tutor
- tutoring pedagogy, student development, and inter-personal communication
- best practices for managing your session, handling difficult sessions, and incorporating study skills, test-prep, and time-management
New Tutor In-Person Training
- Saturday, August 23 - Time and Location TBA
New Tutor On-line Training
- Download and complete Tutor Response Form: TUTOR RESPONSE FORM.pdf
- Watch the on-line Tutor Training Tutorial and complete the Tutor Response Form *Does not work using Internet Explorer, use FireFox or Safari*: TUTOR TRAINING
- Once we have received your Tutor Response Form, you will receive instructions for completing online training through Blackboard to prepare you for Tutor Trac and Work Force.
- Tutors will also receive dates for upcoming in-person training