Request Books in Alternate Format
Information Regarding Textbooks in Alternate Format
Each semester, SAS sets a priority request date where any request made by this date will be guaranteed ready by the first day of the semester. Please check with SAS to find out when this date is.
Identifying What Textbooks are Required:
- View Course Offerings: http://www.ohio.edu/registrar/info/redirects/courseofferings.html
- Click on the current semester (i.e. Fall Semester 2020-2021).
- Type in your course information with the campus, subject, and catalog number. Then click “Search” at the bottom of the page.
- Use the course or section number to identify the section you are registered for. Click on your section to view a drop down menu with the required textbook informatio
- If the book information is not listed in course offerings, click on the instructor’s name to email them and request the information on their required textbook(s).
- If there is not an instructor listed or the instructor has not responded to your request within 3 days, please contact your Accessibility Coordinator for assistance.
Requesting Textbooks in Alternate Format
1. Complete the Alternate Format Request form in Accommodate
2. When you successfully submit your form, you should see the following message:
4. *Important* Provide proof to SAS that you have purchased your textbooks to SAS. This can be done by providing a copy of your receipt/invoice that shows the ISBN and edition purchased or by providing a receipt/invoice and show the purchased book to SAS. You can do this by taking pictures of the front and back of book and providing those, as well as a copy of the receipt, to SAS.
5. Once SAS has processed and converted the requested material and you have shown proof of purchase, the book will be shared with you by a Google Drive link received in your Ohio University email account for you to retrieve.
6. To access your material, click on the Google Drive link that has been shared with you. It is recommended that you download and save the file to your desktop.