Learning Communities (LCs) are designed with both first-year and transfer students in mind.
Incoming First-Year Students
The first timeline for students to select a learning community is February 1-May 1.
Students will have another opportunity to select a LC at their BSO session.
- To join a learning community, you must use your OHIO log-in information, supplied by Ohio University. Applications are accepted February 1 through May 1.
- To be assured that your application is processed accurately and that you're enrolled in the appropriate learning community, you must return the housing deposit and contract (or housing exemption form) by May 1.
- Students should respond to the Bobcat Student Orientation invitation in April. Contact BSO with any questions.
- An information session and registration for the general LC programs will take place during Bobcat Student Orientation. Registration options for the college-based communities will be contingent on acceptance into the specific academic programs.
- If you have a specific academic need, such as PSEOP credit(s), AP credit(s), transfer credit(s), or are registered with Institutional Equity and have concerns you would like us to meet, feel free to email the Director of Learning Communities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application to join a transfer learning closed on June 18, 2018.