LCs are available in two main groups—by college or major and by interest. LCs are also available for Air Force ROTC and Army ROTC students, but those are by invitation only from the groups' commanders.
Academic or major-based LCs
There are learning communities designed for academic programs to enhance the students' knowledge and experience in specific disciplines, within the following colleges:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- Scripps College of Communication
- Patton College of Education
- Russ College of Engineering and Technology
- College of Fine Arts
- Global Studies
- College of Health Sciences and Professions
- University College (undecided/undeclared students)
Offered to first-year students regardless of major or college, General LCs are thematically based so that students interested in a specific topic can share their knowledge and experiences while taking a common set of courses together.
- Foreign Languages and Intercultural Connections
- Sports in Society
By invitation only
Learning community groups are available for Air Force ROTC and Army ROTC students, but these are by invitation only from the groups' commanders. Only follow the links below if you've been in touch with an OHIO ROTC office.