Starting college can be confusing at first, and many times students are unaware of the countless resources that are available to them. This page will be your guide to the many campus resources here at OHIO. Utilizing these resources will allow you to get the most out of your time at OHIO and will pave the way for your future success.
Academic Achievement Center (AAC)
To assist you will your academic needs!
- Tutoring services
- The Math & Science Center
- Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- Computer Learning Lab
- Skills Courses
- Study Skills Tutoring
- Student Writing Center
Visit them on Alden Library's 2nd Floor or online.
Allen Student Advising Center
They seek to assist students at OHIO succeed academically
- Academic coaching
- Academic Success Workshops
- Turning Points program
- OHIO First Scholars (First-Generation support)
- Walk-in Advising
- Exit Interviews
Visit them at Baker University Center 417 or online.
Ranked among the top 100 research libraries in North America, Ohio University Libraries enriches every aspect that supports academic excellence and effective learning and research.
As the first academic library (1814) in the Old Northwest Territory and the newly emerging nation of America, OHIO's founding fathers couldn't begin to imagine how quickly the Library system would flourish—from a single shelf of books into one of the largest academic libraries in the nation, and a leader of technological innovation.
In the same way, OHIO librarians take pride in providing outstanding service to promote student success and intellectual curiosity—while at the same time ensuring that students are thoughtful, evaluative consumers of information.
University Libraries is comprised of the Vernon R. Alden Library, a popular destination for students and one of the most heavily used buildings on the Athens Campus; the Music Dance Library; and the Hwa-Wei Lee Library Annex.
- Relax in diverse flexible seating for collaborative group work and individual quiet study
- Reserve multi-sized group study and presentation rooms
- Meet with librarians one-on-one or in groups to explore resources for classroom projects
- Access print and/or online journals, databases, newspapers, maps, books and more
- Research world-class primary materials: Archives & Special Collections; International Collections, Government Documents and more
- Look into these essential services and guides: Writing and Tutoring Services; How Do I..., and Subject and Course Guides and more.
Campus Involvement Center (CIC)
- Sorority and Fraternity Life
- Community Engagement
- Health promotions
- Student Organizations
- Arts & Entertainment
Find out all the CIC has to offer you at Baker University Center 355 & 339 or online.
Career and Leadership Development Center (CLDC)
Offering a range of services for professional development
- Career & Leadership Coaching
- Mock Interviews
- Leadership Development
- Career courses and workshops
Visit their office in Baker University Center (5th Floor) or learn more online.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS)
Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) provides mental health and adjustment services to students and consultation to faculty, administrators, and parents of students. Our services are designed to help students understand themselves and their difficulties, and ultimately make healthy choices for their lives. We offer developmental, preventive, and remedial services. We also provide programs that promote the intellectual, emotional, cultural, and social development of Ohio University students.
- Psychiatric services
- Crisis intervention
- Consultation o Referrals
Find CPS in Hudson Health Center (3rd Floor) or online.
Supports LGBT students academically, culturally, and socially and provides LGBT and Ally resources/education
Find out more by visiting Baker Center 354 or visit their website.
Multicultural Programs and Center
Offers a variety of programs, scholarships, and support
Learn more by visiting their office in Baker University Center 205 or online.
Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
- Register for accommodations
- Assistive technology
- Scholarship opportunities
Visit SAS at Baker University Center 348 or online.
Walter International Education Center
Home of Office of Global Opportunities and ISFS
- Education Abroad Programs
- Domestic (within the U.S.) programs as well!
- Services and support for the international community at OHIO
"The mission of the Ohio University Women's Center is to act as a catalyst to promote awareness, education, and advocacy about women, gender, and diversity, among faculty, staff, and students at Ohio University and its surrounding communities"
- Library of Women's Centered and Feminist Books & Magazines
- Meeting Rooms
- Lactation Room and Childcare Information
- Resource and Library Archive
- Student Support and Student Organization Support
- Mentoring Program
- Community Resources
Find out more by going to Baker University Center 403 or online.