Your Next Steps
Congratulations on selecting Ohio University! We are excited to welcome you to the Bobcat Community and help you discover all that Ohio University offers. After you have registered for Bobcat Student Orientation (BSO), take a few moments to prepare for your visit by completing your next steps. It may be helpful to walk through these items with any family or guests members that will be attending orientation with you.
Download the OHIO BSO App
Download the OHIO BSO App from the Apple Store or Google Play for up-to-date orientation information. Be sure to view your schedule, learn more about your Orientation Leader, and begin to explore some campus resources.
Complete your Advising Worksheet
Complete your Advising Worksheet which will help you prepare for BSO and think about things like:
- What time do I need to arrive to take a placement test?
- What college is my major in?
- How can I learn about a major I am interested in?
Watch Bobcat Basics Videos
Learn more about the student services offered on campus. It is helpful to watch them with family members or guests who will be attending BSO with you. You will have the opportunity to visit with these offices on Day 2 of your Orientation session.
Check Your Email for Your Parking Permit
Your parking permit for your orientation visit will be included in your reminder email which you will receive a few days before your scheduled visit. Please print this permit and leave it on your dash during your orientation visit. Remember the parking permit is only valid in specific lots. For additional information about parking on campus, please visit https://www.ohio.edu/parking/.
Don't forget to bring
- Your parking permit
- Your completed Advising Worksheet
- A picture ID in order to receive your OHIO ID
- A transcript of any college course work taken during high school, in case your official college transcript hasn't arrived
- A sweater or light jacket (some rooms are air-conditioned and may be chilly)
- Inclement weather gear such as raincoats and umbrellas
- Comfortable shoes and casual clothing as you will do extensive walking and there are many hills on campus
- Orientation confirmation letter and parking permit
- OHIO ID (this is the beginning of your OHIO email address) and password
- Laptop or tablet or class registration during Orientation
- Cell phone charger
- Pen and paper for taking notes
- Water bottle - campus has several bottle filling stations available
- Toiletries and shower shoes
- Alarm clock