Parking Information for Orientation
This page contains information for traveling to Athens and parking on campus. Please refer back to this information in advance of Orientation to ensure a stress-free trip.
Guest Parking Information
Our office has purchased a guest permit for you to park in assigned parking lots on campus. This will require you to log into the Parking Services My Account page. If you have previously created an account on the Parking Services Website, please use those credentials to log in. If you have never created one before, you will need to create a GUEST account. A green button/link is provided on this page following Permit Usage Instructions.
Please note that you MUST have your vehicle information (license plate, color, make and model) on hand before you may claim your permit. If you will be driving a rental car on campus, please stop in at the Visitor Parking Registration Center at the corner of Richland Ave. and South Shafer St. when you arrive on campus; at this location you will be able to claim and print your permit.
Permit Usage Instructions
- Permit may only be used by the individual who claimed/purchased it-—please do not share your permit.
- Permit is only valid on the license plate entered when claiming the permit. Usage within a vehicle other than the one registered at the time of purchase may result in a fine.
- Permit is valid only within the area(s) indicated on the permit. Please check the permit carefully and compare the location to the Campus Parking Map.
- Permit is not valid in metered or restricted areas. All fees must be paid at a meter or within an hourly parking area/garage.
- Please park in a valid, legal space indicated by a white line on each side of your vehicle.
- Parking is never permitted in the grass, along curbs, or in an area not designated as a parking space.
- Please contact Parking Services at 740.593.1917 with questions regarding parking on Ohio University's campus.
Click the button below to begin the process of logging into/creating your account and claiming your permit.
If you have a question regarding the Parking Services Website or have issues claiming your permit, please contact Parking Services at 740.593.1917.
Resources to aid your travel planning
- Campus Parking Map (PDF)
- Traveling to OU's Athens Campus (website)
- OHGO: Southeast Ohio Real Time Traffic Alerts and Road Conditions (website)
Addresses to enter in your GPS
- Baker University Center
1 Park Place, Athens, OH 45701
You should only use this as your destination if you lost your parking permit or never received one and need to pick one up from our staff before moving to an authorized parking lot.
- Peden Stadium
Intersection of Richland Ave. & South Green Dr., Athens, OH 45701
You should use this as your destination if you intend to park in the designated parking lot next to Peden Stadium.
- Convocation Center
Intersection of Richland Ave. & Shafer St., Athens, OH 45701
You should use this as your destination if you intend to park in the designated parking lots surrounding the Convocation Center.
Best Practices for Parking and Traveling to Campus
Please do not park at metered spots on campus. If you need to retrieve a new parking pass from Baker Center, park at a metered spot at the bottom of Baker, feed the meter for a couple minutes, get a new parking pass and then move to an authorized parking lot.
Please do not park in an unauthorized lot; dark green lots are the only acceptable lots for Orientation parking. Please refer to the campus map and your parking permit for locations. Remember to display your parking permit before leaving your vehicle.
Traveling to Ohio University's Athens Campus
Route numbers and turns, illustrated by highway maps, for people driving to the Athens campus; links to public transportation information.