Orientation Information for OHIO Parents and Families
- Visit our Pre-Orientation checklist with your student to make sure they are prepared for Orientation.
- Orientation is a time to clarify any questions that students and families and guests have. We encourage you to come having already reviewed our materials so you feel well prepared.
- Make sure you have taken the time off work and have arranged travel! Our Orientation Program is two full days and students must attend all sessions in order to register for courses. If you have concerns about the program length, please contact our office.
- Family and guest attendance is not required, but strongly encouraged. Family and guests who attend Orientation will have a better understanding of how to support students through their transitional experience.
- Orientation includes sessions specifically designed to inform and educate families and guests about Ohio University and its educational opportunities.
- Families and guests will have the opportunity to meet each other and discuss strategies for supporting their student and understanding common transitional issues.
We'll start looking for you on those fun Family Weekends at Ohio University!