Students in the below colleges/majors must take the chemistry placement prior to registering for a chemistry course. If you intend to pursue one of the majors below, please complete the assessment (plan to spend about 90 minutes) prior to attending orientation by following below instructions:
To begin your ALEKS Chemistry Assessment:
- Go to the ALEKS website at http://www.aleks.com.
- Click on the link marked "SIGN UP NOW".
- On the next screen, you will be asked to provide the following course code:
Chemistry Placement-Academic Year 2018-2019: YJ3U4-RADRY
- The next screen will ask you to create an account. Please provide all the information requested.
Read everything carefully.
- When asked to enter your email address, please use only your OHIO email account (@ohio.edu), NOT a private account.
- When asked to enter your student ID number, please enter the 9 numerical digits following the “P” in your OHIO PID. Do not include the “P”.
- Once you are finished entering your information, click "Continue" and you should be set!
- Upon completion of the test, email email@example.com to find out your score or find out which chemistry class for which you need to register.
If you have any questions about this process or need assistance please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of Arts & Sciences
- Biological Sciences (B.S.)
- Cellular and Molecular Biology (B.S.)
- Marine, Freshwater, and Environmental Biology (B.S.)
- Biological Sciences – Pre physical Therapy (B.S.)
- Biological Sciences – Pre professional Program (B.S.)
- Wildlife and Conservation Biology (B.S.)
- Microbiology (B.S.)
- ALL Chemistry Majors
- Environmental and Plant Biology (B.S.)
- Physics/Meteorology (B.S.)
Patton College of Education
- Physical Science Major (B.S.Ed.)
College of Health Sciences and Professions
- Applied Nutrition
- Nutrition Science
- Exercise Physiology Pre Physical Therapy
- Exercise Physiology
Russ College of Engineering and Technology
- ALL Chemical Engineering Majors
- Civil Engineering (B.S.C.E.)
- Computer Science (B.S.C.S.)
- Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E.)
- Electrical Engineering with Computer Engineering Track (B.S.E.E.)
- Energy Engineering (B.S.En.E.)
- Mechanical Engineering (B.S.M.E.)
- Undecided Engineering
This chart explains the appropriate sequence of chemistry courses to follow after taking the chemistry placement.
Placements are not exemptions. Each of the placement exams are designed to identify the course in which a student should begin. A placement does not exempt a student from a required course.