Exit Survey and Checklist
We understand that some students choose to attend a different institution to complete their college degree or pursue other opportunities.
- If you are withdrawing from OHIO we would like to understand why and assist you with your transition.
- If you would like to stay at OHIO but need guidance to make that possible, please call 740.566.8888 to schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor.
- If you leave and would like to re-enroll in a future semester, we are happy to assist you. Ten percent of students who leave Ohio University eventually return.
Before leaving Ohio University, please:
Complete an Exit Survey to share your experiences and future plans with us.
Review the Exit Checklist to be sure you have completed all the necessary steps for your transition.
An Academic Advisor will review your survey responses, offer assistance for any concerns raised by your survey, and contact you to pick up your transcript fee waiver.
Please complete the Exit Survey if:
- You plan to transfer to another institution next academic year
- You plan to take a break from school
Please do not complete the Exit Survey if:
- You plan to study abroad or do an internship and then return to OHIO
- You plan to participate in military training and then return to OHIO
Checklist for students who are leaving Ohio University
If you are withdrawing from the classes you are currently enrolled in, you must speak to a staff member in your college office:
- Arts and Sciences • Wilson Hall 104, 740.593.2845
- Business • Copeland Hall 214, 740.593.2000
- Communication • Schoonover Center 100, 740.597.2197
- Education • Lindley Hall 052
- Engineering and Technology • Stocker Center 121, 740.593.1483
- Fine Arts • Jennings House, 740.593.1812
- Health Sciences and Professions • Grover Center W364, 740.593.9334
- International Studies • Yamada House, 740.593.1840
- University College • Chubb Hall 140, 740.593.1935
- Regional Higher Education • Haning Hall 129, 740.597.1553
If you are not returning next semester:
- Schedule a Re-Entry/Exit Interview with an advisor at the Allen Student Advising Center to discuss your situation. Completion of an Exit/Re-entry Interview entitles you to one free Ohio University transcript.
- If you are registered for courses for the following semester, drop all of these courses online via course registration.
- If you live in a residence hall, email Housing & Residence Life with a statement detailing your intent to withdraw and see a Housing & Residence Life staff member in your hall to officially check out of your room. Otherwise, you will continue to be billed. If you believe that you should receive a refund for your housing and dining, review the Withdraw Information webpage.
- If you are receiving loans, grants, or scholarships, contact the Financial Aid Office to notify them that you are not returning. They will help you prepare for the next financial step in your education.
- If you believe that you should receive a refund from Ohio University, contact the Bursar’s Office.
- If you have Bobcat Cash remaining on your student ID, request a refund of the balance of your account.
- If you believe that you should receive a refund for a parking permit, contact Parking Services.
- If you need a copy of your Ohio University transcript, you can order a copy online or visit the University Registrar in Chubb Hall.
- If you have a job on campus, let your supervisor know that you are not returning. Confirm receipt of any remaining paychecks, as needed.