CATCAB General Information
CATCAB is Ohio University On-Campus Transportation for Individuals either Faculty/Staff, Students and/or visitors with Disabilities. Services are provided between the hours of 7:30 AM EST and 5:30 PM EST Monday through Friday. Services are not provided on weekends or University holidays. Students seeking services after hours are encouraged to utilize CATS Late Night. CATS Late Night runs until 3:00am Monday through Saturday.
Transportation Services procedures for Faculty/Staff, Students, and/or visitors with disabilities:
Transportation Services at Ohio University offers Transportation for individuals either Faculty/Staff, Students, and/or visitors with limited mobility a shuttle service to fulfill their on-campus travel needs.
The below procedures are in effect to benefit each and every rider at Ohio University.
Faculty/Staff, students, and visitors are required to submit one of the following:
1. A doctors referral (stating how long the service is needed and what injury you have obtained)
2. Faculty/Staff listed with Institutional Equity. For more information on Institutional Equity please call (740)593-2620 or visit their web site at http://www.ohio.edu/equity/
3. Students listed with Student Accessibility Services. For more information on Student Accessibility Services please call (740)593-2620 or visit their web site at http://www.ohio.edu/disabilities/
- Each Faculty/Staff and student is asked to submit a list of their designated pickup and drop off locations. Not a class schedule ex: Pickup 10:10 a.m. Memorial Auditorium Drop off at Ellis. In instances of conflicting schedules the individual will be placed in the next available time slot, and notified of the change via email.
- If the rider needs to cancel or change his/her riding times they must call 1 hour prior to their scheduled pickup. Riders need to make sure that they are waiting on the CATCAB. CATCAB will only wait 5 minutes then our drivers will leave and go onto the next pickup. The rider needs to make sure they are on time so the schedule can be maintained. If the rider is late and the driver leaves he/she will need to call the dispatch office and reserve another ride. Please remember when scheduling CATCAB runs in 10 minute intervals starting at 7:30AM.
- Riders that provide doctor’s referrals are limited to the time they can utilize CATCAB. Riders with temporary limitations will be notified by staff personnel when utilization of CATCAB services is coming to an end. Rider’s listed with Institutional Equity or Student Accessibility Services will remain with CATCAB until Institutional Equity or Student Accessibility Services informs us otherwise.
- CATCAB will not transport riders to off-campus sites or sites that are not related to University business. CATCAB will not transport riders out of the one mile driving distance from the center of campus which is The University Baker Center; 1 Park Place Athens, Ohio 45701. In the event that an instructor schedules a class at an off campus location or meetings are scheduled off campus riders will be responsible for being transported to those off campus locations. CATCAB’S one mile driving distance starts at 1 Park Place Athens, OH 45701 The University Baker Center. If you are unsure of the distance you can go to www.googlemaps.com and type in 1 Park Place Athens, Ohio 45701 for your starting location. CATCAB will transport riders to all academic and administrative buildings related to the University.
- Riders are required to appear at the designated pickup location. Drivers are not required to contact the rider and ask where they are. Drivers will only wait up to 5 minutes as stated in #3 once the driver has left, the rider will be marked as a “NO SHOW”. 2 NO SHOWS will result in cancelation of the individuals rides with CATCAB, permanently. Being late disrupts service to others and it is important to be on time or call our dispatch office at (740)593-1702 if the rider needs to cancel a ride.
- CATCAB procedures serve to ensure safe and reliable service from the individuals at Ohio University Transportation Services and an outline of our regulations.
All drivers have been trained in the following:
15 passenger van training
Wheelchair lift training