Ohio University Transportation & Parking Services (TPS) would like to welcome all incoming students participating in Bobcat Student Orientation.
We look forward to finding transportation and parking solutions to meet your needs as you prepare for the upcoming school year. Below you will find a summary of our most commonly asked questions about our services. Should you have any other questions please contact our Customer Care Center (CCC) by phone at740-593-1917, by text at 740-593-4040, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I apply/get a permit?
In order to purchase a permit, you will need to log into your parking portal, by clicking here. Student permits are not available for purchase at this time. TPS will send an email communication with additional permit details once additional guidance is provided on Fall operational guidelines.
Do I have to pay upfront for my permit?
Yes, in order to purchase a parking pass, the total cost is due at the time of purchase. When ordering through your parking portal online, you will have to use a debit or credit card.
Can freshman park on campus?
There is limited availability for freshman to park on campus. For more information please contact the Customer Care Center.
How do I know what type of parking permit I am eligible for?
There are several parking options based on student credit hours and housing arrangements. The various permit options are listed below and also found on our website.
- Commuter- A commuter student is defined as a student who resides 1-mile from the nearest commuter parking lot on campus. Students residing inside this 1-mile radius are not permitted to purchase commuter parking and should utilize available transportation opportunities. To determine if your address is eligible for a commuter permit please contact TPS for additional guidance.
- Residential- A residential student is defined as a student residing in a university residence hall. Three permit categories are available for residential students.
- Guaranteed Surface Lot: Residential storage parking within dedicated overnight campus surface lots.
- Non-Guaranteed Surface Lot: Residential storage parking within specific campus surface lots- parking is shared with other facility users (faculty/staff & commuter students) and not guaranteed.
- Guaranteed Garage Lot: Residential storage parking within dedicated & covered overnight campus garage facilities.
- Reserved- Provides a reserved parking space in designated campus parking facilities.
- Baker University Center Garage
- Jefferson Garage (East Green)
- Skyview Lot (Congress Street)
How do I purchase a permit?
All permits are purchased through the online parking portal. All permits are distributed by a third-party vendor and will be received through the mail.
What do i do if all permits are sold out?
Students will receive an email about permit sales and the exact date and time permits will go on sale. If all locations are sold out, click here, for off campus locations. You are also able to put yourself on multiple waitlists and will be selected in the order requests are received.
What if I receive a permit for the Ridges but need access to my vehicle?
Please refer to transit options below.
Where can family or visitors park when they visit campus?
Dark green and purple lots open for public parking after 5:00PM Monday - Friday and all day on Saturday and Sunday. Please carefully review lot signage to ensure no restrictions prior to parking due to campus events or lot closures.Hourly parking is available throughout campus via parking pay stations and meter devices. All fees must be paid when parking in an hourly parking space. Special parking accommodations are typically made around family event weekends. For more information please reference the TPS website for details closer to each event date.
What transit options are available to me?
A variety of transportation options are available to students at no additional cost. **COVID-19 Notice: Due to current COVID-19 conditions the University is determining when services will resume and any operational safety considerations that will be made. Check the TPS website for the most up-to-date service offerings**
- CATS Daily Campus Shuttles- A free shuttle service for students, faculty/staff & visitors traveling to multiple destinations throughout campus. The service runs on dedicated routes Monday - Friday 7AM - 5:30PM during Fall & Spring Semesters. Service runs by request during Summer & Winter Break. Click here for more information.
- CAT CAB- A free para-transit service to assist faculty/staff and students with mobility limitations. This service addresses the topography and parking challenges on campus by providing door-to-door transportation with fully accessible vehicles. Click here for more information.
- CATS Late Night- Free on-demand transit service for students & faculty/staff providing a safe and secure method of travel across campus. This service is available during Fall & Spring Semester Monday-Friday 5:30PM - 3AM and Saturday - Sunday 9:30PM - 3AM. Click here for more information.
- Bobcat Pass- This program is a partnership between Ohio University & HAPCAP which enables faculty/staff and students to ride Athens Public Transit (APT) routes free or charge utilizing their university ID. Riders simply present their valid university ID to bus drivers at designated APT routes for unlimited fare travel. Transit vehicles provide accessibility accommodations. Click here for more information.
I have more questions, and need to speak to a Customer Care Center member.
A CCC team member is available to answer questions and assist you via phone at 740-593-1917, text 740-593-4040, or email at email@example.com
Our office is located at 100 Factory Street, Athens, OH 45701.
Due to COVID-19 the Transportation & Parking Office is currently closed for in-office customers at this time; however, customer care representatives will be available to assist via phone/text/email Monday - Friday 7:30AM - 4:30PM. Please find TPS contact information below.
Transportation & Parking Services
100 Factory Street, Athens OH 45701
Follow us on Twitter: @OUTransParking
Office Hours: Monday- Friday 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM