Sustainable living is possible for all students at Ohio University. Ohio University offers specialized sustainable living opportunities, such as the Sustainable Living Floor (see below) or the OHIO Ecohouse, but all students can take measures into their own hands to improve their sustainable living profile.
Off-campus sustainable living information.
Are you interested in living a more sustainable lifestyle? Do you enjoy learning about current sustainability issues? Imagine living on the Sustainable Living Floor and being surrounded by people who share these same interests! With this unique living experience, second year students will have the opportunity to explore different sustainable issues and topics, make new friends, participate in a variety of exciting activities, and build strong relationships with others in the sustainable community here at Ohio University.
The Sustainable Living Floor is currently housed in Carr Hall (Fall 2018). Explore our
Calendar of Events
to learn more about what the floor will do this year. Many of the events are open to all students, so you can still learn about sustainable living if you didn't get to register to live on the floor!
Members of the Sustainable Living Floor:
- Explore what it means to live a sustainable lifestyle as an Ohio University student
- Engage in discussions about different sustainable issues
- Expand the on the ideas, philosophy, and programming of the the Eco Reps program and the OHIO Ecohouse program
- Further the benchmarks of the Ohio University Climate Action and Sustainability Plans
Why should you join the OHIO Sustainable Living Floor?
- Learn more about sustainability and get involved in local efforts
- Learn how to do useful hands-on things like garden, cook, or fix a bicycle
- Engage in sharing meals and discussions with a diverse group of people
- Be a part of an active community of learners is important to you
Obtain a richer university experience
The co-ed residents of the floor, Resident Assistants (RA), and the Office of Sustainability all work together to figure out what it means to "live sustainably." While programming changes from year to year, examples of previous programs include a potluck at the Ecohouse, a sustainable gift giving work shop, a DIY "trashion show", and a tee shirt tote bag event.
Want to know more about sustainability?
- Check out the Ohio University Sustainability Plan as well as the Ohio University Climate Action Plan, which can be found on our homepage.
- Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.
- Give us a call at 1-740-593-0460 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The online application to live on the Sustainability Living Floor is easy. Applications for Fall are open in February. Apply Online!