Work in Progress in Summer 2016
- Ping Center –Will receive new water fountains and bottle filling stations throughout the facility.
- Bird Arena – Will be undergoing several deferred maintenance needs but most are not so easy to see to include compressors, locker room shower replacement, roof repair and maintenance, air handlers, condenser, and new heaters.
- Aquatic Center – A few minor deferred maintenance projects underway with some refresh work of the facility with deep cleaning and floor care. .
- Walter Fieldhouse – This facility will receive a few additions to include information monitor in the lobby, an additional AED device in the rear of the building, new bike racks, new landscaping, cubbies and video surveillance.
- Back South – The demolition for Cady, Foster and Brough began this summer with the area returning to green space for fall semester.
Jefferson Hall Renovation
is underway with a complete renovation.
- James Hall renovation is currently taking place on West Green. The project will include new spa style restrooms, a renovated lobby with a wide range of IT capabilities as well as new created study spaces for students. Additionally, the RD apartment is being completely renovated. Total cost of this project is $3,125,000.
- Memorial Auditorium –General deferred maintenance work was completed to include roof repairs,
- Galbreath Chapel – Received a fresh paint on the entryway door, interior walls, ceiling and pews.
Facility Condition Assessments
The Division of Student Affairs has participated in a campus wide facility condition assessment over the past six months. This assessment included more than 48 building assessments within the Division to determine the. This information will assist the Housing and Residence Life, Campus Recreation, and Event Services Departments in their capital planning initiatives and will be utilized as a tool for budget planning. This initiative will allow each of these department to provide the best services and amenities to meet the needs of our current and future students.