Ohio University community members take great pride in our institution. We are proud of our distinguished history and heritage, our beautiful campus, the renowned reputation of our faculty, our active and committed student body and of our partnerships with the southeast region of our state. Together with our five core values of character, community, citizenship, civility and commitment, this sense of pride defines who we are and helps to clarify the promise of what it means to be a member of the OHIO community. The Division of Student Affairs would like to recognize employees who demonstrate a commitment to the following values:
- Community: Membership in the Ohio University community includes being involved and responsible members of not only the university community, but also the local Athens community and the global community. All members of the OHIO community are expected to be responsible community members, to show appreciation for diversity and to represent the values of the OHIO community.
- Character: “Ohio University holds as its central purpose the intellectual and personal development of its students” is the first sentence of OHIO’s mission statement. Personal integrity and character both inside and outside of the classroom are inherent elements of Ohio University. Members of the OHIO community are expected to commit to the highest standards of personal honesty and ethical behavior.
- Civility: The OHIO community is an open forum involving the free exchange of ideas and scholarly discourse. For free and open exchange to occur, members of the OHIO community are expected to embrace civility in communication at all times
- Citizenship: Members of the OHIO community contribute to the advancement of society, both now and for future generations. Such a commitment to the public sphere can have many expressions, such as voting, recycling, volunteering, using public transportation and cleaning up litter. The OHIO citizen gives more than they take. They are responsible citizens both on and off campus, foster community involvement, become engaged citizens acting for the public good, and respect university property and property of others.
- Commitment: Sincere and true commitment is practicing your beliefs and values. Once you have committed yourself to becoming a community member at OHIO, you commit to hold yourself and your fellow OHIO community members to these values.
To nominate a staff member, complete the
Employee of the Semester Nomination Form
. For complete award information and criteria, please review the nomination form.
Purpose of the Nomination
- To recognize outstanding Division of Student Affairs Employees of Ohio University who are setting the standards for excellence while creating a supportive environment that enhances the personal development and learning of all students.
- To recognize employees who demonstrate innovative ideas that enhance the departmental or student experience.
- To reward those employees who show exemplary individual achievement, contribution, and performance of their jobs and other related duties beyond their own offices.
- To acknowledge those whose efforts have inspired and supported the achievement of others.
- To provide awards to such employees by a means that is fair, with equal consideration of all eligible employees, regardless of the level of responsibility within Ohio University.
Criteria for Nomination
- Be a permanent full-time, part-time or intermittent employee within the Division of Student Affairs of Ohio University, including graduate students.
- Display commitment to the values (5 C’s) in support of OHIO’s “The Promise”.
- All nominations must be received by the deadline to be considered during the end of semester review and selection process.
- Award will be issued a maximum of one time per semester.
- Employees will receive a $1,000 cash incentive and will be limited to receiving the award once per calendar year.
- Award recipient will be determined by the Vice President of Student Affairs in consultation with their leadership team.
Please fill out the
Employee of the Semester Nomination Form
and submit to