Breakthrough Objective: Learning Goals
The OHIO Division of Student Affairs will create, measure and improve upon common student learning outcomes across departments.
- 2A: Conduct a learning goal audit to see what is already being done to meet our DOSA learning goals of the eight core competencies. This audit will determine which goals fit within the mission and scope of each department.
- 2B: Compile departmental competencies and skills for all learning goals across the entire division. Identify divisional gaps in the delivery of the goals. In collaboration with this committee, each department will examine the effectiveness of the assessment tools used to measure learning goals. Communicate results with division.
Accomplished Spring 2020
- Support departments through implementation of their assessment plans
- Sub-committee to enhance DOSA’s knowledge and fluency of the eight Learning Goals
- Sub-committee to focus on data collection, tools and use
Next for Fall 2020
- Cultural Integration: The learning goals committee is committed to creating an assessment structure that is culturally embedded into the division of student affairs at OHIO.
- Complete year two of requiring department-specific assessment plans be developed. This includes completing the first full assessment cycle for divisional departments.
Data Sharing and Representation: The learning goals committee is committed to creating spaces and events that allow for the sharing of post-assessment data with internal and external stakeholders.
Create a venue to discuss and disseminate annual assessment data among internal practitioners (data gala).
Accessible Education: The learning goals committee is committed to developing and operationalizing learning across the division related to assessment initiatives.
Complete the design of a blackboard course to teach assessment to participants and facilitate the learning with the first cohort of learners.
Committee for Learning Goals
Taylor Tackett, assistant dean of students and director, Community Standards and Student Responsibility
Zach McGrain, associate director for career development integration, Career and Leadership Development Center
- Valerie Denney, executive assistant, Auxiliaries
- Nathan Ferdinand, Assistant Director of Competitive Sports and Community Programming
- Johnna Matulja, associate director, Housing and Residence Life Marketing and Business Operations
- Patricia McSteen, PhD, Associate Dean of Students
- Rich Neumann, director, Culinary Services
- Cimmeron O’Connor, Director of Conference Services
- Caitlin Oiler, records management senior specialist, Community Standards and Student Responsibility
- Brent Poynter, Resident Director
- Jim Sand, assistant director, Housing and Residence Life
- Yejin Sohn, LSW, Survivor Advocate
- Zachariah Swope, Resident Director
- Cynthia Cogswell, PhD, director of strategic planning and assessment, Division of Student Affairs
If you are interested in joining the committee, attending meetings, or viewing meeting minutes, please contact Valerie Denney at email@example.com.