Following health and safety guidelines, Ohio University will keep campus density low this fall. We will hold events and activities for the students on our campuses, but will not host any special weekends or activities that invite large groups of people to visit any of our campuses. We hope to hold these in-person events, or events similar to them, during the spring semester if it is safe to do so.
In the absence of Parents Weekend and Dads Weekend this fall, we will designate special weekends where we will encourage you to send care packages to your student or to connect with your student in different ways. We will provide more information about these activities in the coming weeks.
Parents and family members are still allowed to visit students, but we encourage you to follow our safety policy. This policy includes:
- Wearing face masks while on campus and in the city of Athens (which now has a mask ordinance in place) that cover mouth, chin and nose
- Maintaining physical distancing of 6 ft
- Avoiding congregating in large groups
- Holding activities outside whenever possible
- Checking your temperature before you visit our campuses
More information can be found on the Ohio University Coronavirus Response website.
The safety of our students is our number one priority, and we thank you for doing your part in keeping all of our students safe.