Seeking Services Summer 2021
The Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) provides comprehensive mental health services to OHIO Students in Athens campus who are enrolled during the summer classes or students who were clients of CPS during the spring semester and have enrolled for fall semester. All CPS services will continue to be provided via telehealth at this time.
Students who are currently residing outside the state of Ohio, students from regional campuses and ONLINE OHIO students have access to mental health services through My SSP (see below for more information). These students who are taking summer classes or enrolled during the spring semester and plan to continue in the fall have access to MY SSP.
CPS provides individual and group counseling, consultation and referral services, psychiatric services, outreach presentations and 24/7 crisis interventions.
For crisis support and to initiate all other services, students are directed to call CPS -740-593-1616. CPS counselors are available to provide phone consultations (phone drop-in) between 10:00am to 3:30pm from Monday to Friday on business days to discuss concerns and provide support. Students also have the option of calling during business hours and scheduling an appointment to initiate mental health services. Students, faculty and staff will be using the phone to talk to a counselor for crisis, consultation, or to initiate services instead of walking into the building.
Faculty, staff and parents are instructed to call CPS # 740-593-1616 for all emergencies and consultations.
CPS is available for phone drop-in appointments during its regular drop-in schedule as well as crisis/emergency services via ProtoCall during after-hours. Clinicians will determine appropriate care through phone consultation in the event of an emergency and only on case by case basis may schedule to see a student in person.
No unscheduled in-person walk-ins or drop-ins at CPS are planned at this time. Call CPS -740-593-1616 for crisis support, to schedule an appointment, or for more information.
For more information, please go to the following:
|Crisis Support||Services We offer||Telehealth Services|
CPS offers numerous online resources for students:
- A free, online and anonymous community providing students a safe space to talk to their peers.
- A self-guided, interactive online therapy program. Students can monitor their moods, learn how to manage anxiety, improve depressive thoughts and behaviors, or simply hang out in the zen room.
- This app connects students from the Ohio University regional campuses, students not residing in the state of Ohio, and e-campus students to either call or chat with a support counselor. This service is available 24/7.
- Kognito Is a suicide prevention program for students, faculty, and staff. It provides online modules that are brief, self-guided, and interactive. Each module presents evidence-based facts about suicide and suicide prevention as well as provides several interactive simulations to practice the skills learned.
- Online, self-paced workshop series called Anxiety Toolbox for focusing on better understanding anxiety symptoms and on building skills to cope with anxiety and Getting Unstuck for focusing on better understanding depressive symptoms and on building skills to manage depression.
- It is the practice of maintaining a nonjudgmental state of heightened or complete awareness of one's thoughts, emotions, or experiences on a moment-to-moment basis. Link to the Guided Meditation YouTube playlist: Guided Meditations
For online support for managing stress related to COVID-19 or race-related violence:
It is during these difficult times we urge every Bobcat to pay attention to and take care of mental health.
Follow Us! Social Media for CPS: