No In-person appointments are offered at this time. We are working toward TeleMental Health Services.
Here is a short video that will tell you a little about Group Therapy
Why Group Therapy?
- You can get a sense that you are not alone
- You can give and receive feedback that can help with change
- You can try out new approaches of interacting with others in a supportive, confidential environment
- You can increase your confidence in interacting with others
- You can talk about difficulties with low self-esteem, or low self-worth
- You can practice being assertive to get your needs met
- You can learn new skills to help with issues of depression or anxiety
- Because it works, research shows that Group Therapy is as effective as Individual Therapy
- About 90% of students who completed an evaluation of their group therapy experience during the fall 2019 semester would recommend group therapy to a friend.
- About 89% of students who completed an evaluation of their group therapy experience during the fall 2019 semester said that group therapy helped them feel less alone.
How do you join a Therapy Group?
- Speak to your CPS provider about available options
What if I do not have a CPS provider?
- Come in for a drop in session, Monday - Friday 9:45-3:15, and talk to a counselor about what Therapy Group may be a good fit for you
Group therapy is covered by Guaranteed Tuition and the WellBeing fee. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the Group Coordinator, Dr. Susan Folger, at 740-593-1616.