COVID-19 and CPS
Counseling and Psychological Services
April 10, 2020
Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) is here to support the campus community. CPS acknowledges the impact on Ohio University students related to Coronavirus and recognizes that is typical to experience anxiety, worry, or fear.
If you are in distress, please know we are here to help. Students may contact CPS at any time by calling 740-593-1616. If calling after hours, press 1 to be connected to a counselor. You can also visit our website at www.ohio.edu/student-affairs/counseling.
- During business hours, phone consultation is available to any student (in place of drop-in appointment). If you need to talk to a counselor, please call CPS at 740-593-1616
- If you had a scheduled appointment, your counselor has likely emailed you and made arrangements with you. If not, please call CPS 740-593-1616
- No In-person appointments are offered at this time.
- OU Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) is providing Telehealth via face-to-face video conferencing or audio phone therapy to currently enrolled OU students. This service is available to students who are screened as being appropriate for mental health services through Telehealth.
- If you are new to counseling OR currently not receiving services at CPS, please call our office to schedule a Telehealth Initial appointment at 740-593-1616.
- If you have a counselor, you may directly contact your counselor via email to schedule or call our office to schedule a Telehealth appointment.
- For more information about Telehealth, please click here
For faculty and staff:
- We appreciate your ability to be supportive of students.
- Well-being Resources for Faculty and Staff:
- Should you need to consult with a CPS clinician regarding supporting a student(s), please call and request a call back at 740-593-1616.
For additional resources, please visit the link: www.ohio.edu/student-affairs/counseling/coronavirus-tips
Also, see our page on Finding Comfort While Practicing Social-Distancing and TeleHealth Resources