COVID-19 and CPS
Counseling and Psychological Services
March 20, 2020
Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) is here to support the campus community. CPS acknowledges the impact on Ohio University students related to Coronavirus and recognizes that is typical to experience anxiety, worry, or fear.
If you are in distress, please know we are here to help. Students may contact CPS at any time by calling 740-593-1616. If calling after hours, press 1 to be connected to a counselor. You can also visit our website at www.ohio.edu/student-affairs/counseling.
- If you had a scheduled appointment, your counselor has likely emailed you and made arrangements with you. If not, please call CPS 740-593-1616
- During business hours, phone consultation is available to any student (in place of drop in appointment). If you need to talk to a counselor, please call CPS at 740-593-1616
- No In-person appointments are offered at this time. We are working toward TeleMental Health Services.
For faculty and staff:
- We appreciate your ability to be supportive of students.
- Should you need to consult with a CPS clinician regarding supporting a student(s), please call and request a call back at 740-593-1616.
For additional resources, please visit the link: https://www.ohio.edu/student-affairs/counseling/coronavirus-tips
Also, see our page on Finding Comfort While Practicing Social-Distancing and TeleHealth Resources