Student Services and Events
Career and Internship Fairs
Spring: February 10, 2021, 1 - 4 p.m. (ET), Handshake's Virtual Career Fair Platform
Fall: More information about Fall 2021 coming soon!
Network with hundreds of employers from across the country at the bi-annual Career and Internship Fair. Employers representing a diverse array of industries come to the fair to recruit Ohio University students and alumni. Connect with recruiters, explore industries, and practice your networking skills while seeking an internship or job.
The Spring Career and Internship Fair will take place virtually through Handshake's virtual career fair platform. Registration is required to participate in virtual sessions! Register for the fair in Handshake by logging in with your OHIO ID and password.
How Do Virtual Fairs Work?
Through Handshake's virtual fair platform, you'll be able to sign up for 30-minute group sessions and ten-minute one-on-one sessions with employers that interest you. Be sure to sign up for these sessions early, so you're guaranteed a spot! You can interact with recruiters through text, audio, and videoconferencing, so we recommend dressing to impress and testing your device's AV settings before the fair.
To learn more, watch Handshake's how-to video below. For tips to prepare for the fair, check out Handshake's article, Top Ten Tips for a Virtual Fair.
Tips for Success
- Sessions with employers are first-come, first-served. You can register for sessions the day of the fair, but we recommend signing up early!
- Employers add new sessions frequently, so we encourage you to revisit your schedule closer to the event.
- You may be prompted to update your Handshake profile setting to Community to sign up for sessions with employers. Read more about Handshake profile settings here and watch a brief video about completing your profile here.
- Some employers have set qualifications to define which students can register for their sessions. To ensure you qualify for employer sessions, please make sure the following information is updated in your profile: School Year, Major, GPA (found here on your profile) and work authorization status (found here on your profile)
- We recommend finding a quiet place free from distractions for your sessions with employers.
We can’t wait to (virtually) see you at the fair! Contact Katie Hankins, Events and Recruitment Coordinator, with questions.