YOSC PRESENTATION (Youth Sports Contact Kenya)
YOSC is a registered NGO, a non – political, non – profit and non – denomination organization, providing youth and children with a chance to participate in Sports. The organization targets youth from both Urban and Rural set up in Kenya. Currently the organization has been established in 6 Areas in Kenya namely; Nairobi, Eldoret, Kisumu, Makueni, Voi and Msambweni.More than 2,046 youth participated in the activities of which 400 were female participants in 2004-2005 season.
YOSC was initiated in Kenya in 2004 with a Vision to empower youth in Kenya through Sports, Culture and Education, Health Information and Christian Faith.
YOSC Aims to create a learning environment for the youth that is adaptable and flexible, besides boosting youth self confidence through participation in sports and other educative forums.
Empowered, healthy and peaceful youth, for a transformed society.
Give young people a chance to participate in sports (Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Netball e.t.c)
- Provide sports for all irrespective of Gender, Race/Tribe, Ability, Denomination and Religion.
- Train young people in Sports, Leadership, Administration and Democratic principles.
- Promote gender equality
- Improve the local community through drug free leisure activities
- Improve the self esteem of the disadvantaged youth by developing their social skills.
- Facilitate day Seminars, and organize decentralized workshops on HIV/AIDS to members, schools and Institutions
- Train Peer educators and counselors
YOSC is run by hundreds of volunteer youth organizers, coaches, referees and field workers with an average age of 16years,supported by skilled youth leaders from the local level. The Organization is focused to develop leaders from the local level, from a wide range of training courses by the YOSC Administration; so that they can own the process in Sports development.
- YOSC is focused to develop sports instructors to;
Utilize sports facilities
- Educate leaders, coaches and referees
- Organization of amateur sports for both boys and girls (competitive and non – competitive)
Cooperation and Partnership
YOSC endeavors to cooperate with the Ministry of Sports in the country and enter into partnership with other sports organizations and institutions in the country and abroad.
- Train a number of instructors and coaches, who will in turn provide courses in the various districts and areas.
- YOSC shall contribute towards the establishment, development and organization of the required local structure to carry out sports activities.
- YOSC shall furthermore demonstrate basic values regarding sports and standpoint in regards to football for youth as a development tool. (Boys and Girls)
KRIK- Kristen IddrettsKontakt
P.O.Box 3822 Ulleval Hageby, 0805 Oslo
P.O.BOX 642 – 00200
City Square Nairobi, Kenya
Coordinator of Activities;
Michael Muraguri Wachira
+254 721 551590