Ohio University

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Financial Aid


Student Resource Commons Advisors

As a student at Ohio University Southern, you are assigned a Student Resource Commons advisor by your degree program. If you have questions, concerns or need general financial aid help, this is the person you contact.

Jacki Adkins

Transfer probation



Applied Management

Lisa Cantrell

Equine Studies

Computer Science Technology

Human Services Technology

Social Work/ Pre-Social Work

Law Enforcement Technology

Criminal Justice

Electronic Media

Environmental Engineering

Accounting Technology

Business Management Technology

Office Technology

Associate of Arts

Associate of Science

Associate of Individualized Studies

Specialized Studies

Mary Ann Wymer

Health Services Administration

Long Term Health Care

Technical and Applied Studies






Pre-Early Childhood

Early Childhood

Middle Childhood

Child Development

Communication Studies

Health Technology

If you have any questions about your assigned Student Resource Commons advisor, please call us at 740.533.4600.

Click here to register now for a financial aid workshop.

Other Helpful Links

Financial Aid & FAFSA: Information about receiving financial aid and the FAFSA.

Request your FSA ID(opens in a new window)

Fill out the FAFSA:(opens in a new window) Fill out the FAFSA online.

Federal Work Study: Information on types of work study programs and university jobs.

Grants: Information about grants and the different types of grants available.

Loans: Information on types of loans students can receive to pay for their tuition or books, how to qualify for loans, and more.

Southern Scholarships Deadlines and information, types of scholarships offered, how to apply.

Athens Scholarships: Deadlines and information, types of scholarships offered, how to apply.

Links to Additional Resources:


Financial Aid Guidelines

In order to receive financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form is available online at the FAFSA website beginning October 1st each year.

By completing the FAFSA, students can apply to receive the Federal Pell Grant, federally funded student loans, work-study and other types of aid.

When you fill out the FAFSA, you will be asked for a school code. Ohio University Southern's school code is 003103.

Admission to Ohio University must be completed before financial aid can be processed. For assistance with your financial aid needs, you can consult with the Southern Campus staff or email southern.financialaid@ohio.edu.

Beginning with the 2020-21 FAFSA, you should file as soon as possible after October 1 in order to meet the FAFSA first priority consideration date for campus-based financial aid programs, which is January 15.

The following documents must be obtained before you begin to complete the FAFSA:

You will need records or income for two years prior to when you will start school. You may also need records of your parents income information if you are a dependent student.

For example, for the 2020-21 school year you will need financial information for 2018

  • Your Social Security Number (can be found on your Social Security card)
  • Your driver's license (if any)
  • Your parent's Social Security Number, if you are dependent.
  • Your income tax return - IRS Form 1040, foreign tax return, or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federaded States of Micronesia
  • Your parent's income tax return (if you are a dependent student)
  • Your W-2 forms
  • Your parent's W-2 forms, if you are a dependent
  • Your untaxed income records - Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), welfare, or veteran's benefits
  • Your bank statements
  • Your business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records
  • Stock, bond, and other investment records, if applicable
  • Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)

Workshops Registration

As a service to our students, Ohio University Southern provides workshops to help students complete their Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSAs).

If you have any questions, please contact Jacki Adkins, Assistant Director of Student Resource Commons/ Financial Aid & Scholarship Coordinator via email at adkinsj@ohio.edu or phone at 740.533.4603


Sign Up for FAFSA Workshop

Exclamation Point or Warning Symbol

Remember to Bring Required Documents

Remember to Bring Required Documents to complete the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), please bring your verification of 2018 income. For example, 2018 1040 and all W-2's, untaxed income such as child support, disability etc.

If you are a dependent student for financial aid purposes, you will also need income information from your parents. If you are unable to provide the following documents, please call 740.533.4600.

Ohio University Southern FAFSA Workshop Registration