Financial Aid and Scholarships
Student Resource Commons Advisors
As a student at Ohio University Southern, you are assigned a Student Resource Commons advisor by your degree program. If you have questions, concerns or need general financial aid help, this is the person you contact.
If you have any questions about your assigned Student Resource Commons advisor, please call us at 740.533.4600.
Human Services Technology
Social Work/ Pre-Social Work
Law Enforcement Technology
Business Management Technology
Medical Assistant Technology
Associate of Arts
Associate of Science
Associate of Individualized Studies
Health Services Administration
Long Term Health Care
Technical and Applied Studies
Other Helpful Links
Fill out the FAFSA:(opens in a new window) Fill out the FAFSA online.
Federal Work Study: Information on types of work study programs and university jobs.
Grants: Information about grants and the different types of grants available.
Loans: Information on types of loans students can receive to pay for their tuition or books, how to qualify for loans, and more.
Southern Scholarships Deadlines and information, types of scholarships offered, how to apply.
Athens Scholarships: Deadlines and information, types of scholarships offered, how to apply.
Links to Additional Resources:
- Athens Financial Aid & Scholarships(opens in a new window)
- Financial Literacy
- Complete your Electronic Master Promissory Note (EMPN(opens in a new window))
- Entrance Loan Counseling Session(opens in a new window)
- Exit Loan Counseling on the Web(opens in a new window)
- Parent PLUS Loan(opens in a new window)
- FASTWeb Scholarship Search(opens in a new window)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Financial Aid Guidelines
In order to receive financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form is available online at the FAFSA website beginning October 1st each year.
By completing the FAFSA, students can apply to receive the Federal Pell Grant, federally funded student loans, work-study and other types of aid.
When you fill out the FAFSA, you will be asked for a school code. Ohio University Southern's school code is 003103.
Admission to Ohio University must be completed before financial aid can be processed. For assistance with your financial aid needs, you can consult with the Southern Campus staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should file as soon as possible after October 1 in order to meet the FAFSA first priority consideration date for campus-based financial aid programs, which is January 15.
The following documents must be obtained before you begin to complete the FAFSA:
You will need records or income for two years prior to when you will start school. You may also need records of your parents income information if you are a dependent student.
For the 2020-21 school year you will need financial information for 2018
For the 2021-22 school year you will need financial information for 2019
- Your Social Security Number (can be found on your Social Security card)
- Your driver's license (if any)
- Your parent's Social Security Number, if you are dependent.
- Your income tax return - IRS Form 1040, foreign tax return, or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federaded States of Micronesia
- Your parent's income tax return (if you are a dependent student)
- Your W-2 forms
- Your parent's W-2 forms, if you are a dependent
- Your untaxed income records - Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), welfare, or veteran's benefits
- Your bank statements
- Your business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records
- Stock, bond, and other investment records, if applicable
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
As a service to our students, Ohio University Southern provides workshops to help students complete their Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSAs).
If you have any questions, please contact Jacki Adkins, Assistant Director of Student Resource Commons/ Financial Aid & Scholarship Coordinator via email at email@example.com or phone at 740.533.4603