Online Teaching Resources
- Putting your course online
- Overview of teaching, learning, and research tools
- Tips for securing your Zoom virtual meeting
- Patton College of Education Remote Teaching Series: Session 1: “What Worked Well in Transitioning to Fully Online Education,” by Dr. Jacqueline Yahn (4/6/20)
Blackboard is OHIO’s learning management system. It is an online service for posting course-related materials and facilitating interactions between students, instructors, teaching assistants, and guests.
- Getting Started with Blackboard
- Best practices with Blackboard (4/23/20) (video)
- Looking for a Blackboard template for summer? Please contact Mary Beth Robinson at email@example.com
Panopto is a cloud-based application for recording lectures, presentations, or events for later replay by students or colleagues. You can easily embed your recordings in your Blackboard course.
- General Panopto Help and Resources
- Getting started with Panopto (PDF)
- Panopto Q&A Session for RHE Faculty (5/4/20)
VoiceThread is a cloud-based application that allows you to upload, share and discuss documents, presentations, images, audio files and videos. You can easily use VoiceThread in your Blackboard course.
- Getting started with VoiceThread
- Adding VoiceThread to your Blackboard course
Microsoft Teams is a team-based collaboration tool that provides group chat, channeled conversations, instant messaging, live document collaboration, audio or video calls, and meetings.
- Getting started with Microsoft Teams
- Requesting a Microsoft Team (scroll down to "How to Request")
Proctortrack allows students to take a proctored exam on their own devices from a location of their choosing, if the feature has been enabled by the instructor in the Blackboard course. A student will need a computer with a webcam and access to a well-lit room.
Schedule of Upcoming Teaching and Training Workshops
Book a workshop to learn more!