Student Work Opportunities
ON CAMPUS WORK OPPORTUNITIES
Student Library Assistant
The student library assistant helps support essential library services by staffing the service desk, assisting users, and maintaining collections. Desired qualifications and specific job duties are listed below.
- Customer service oriented with an ability to interact with diverse populations.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently.
- Practices excellent time management.
- Reliable and able to report to assigned work shifts.
- Knowledge of general office and basic computer skills (including Microsoft Office Suite).
- Some knowledge of library searching skills preferred, not required.
- Staffing/serving as point of contact at the service desk.
- Helping library users access electronic and print library collections.
- Processing library materials including checking items in/out.
- Shelving returned items and maintaining orderly shelves.
- Trouble-shooting equipment/hardware issues and assisting users with software questions.
- Performing general data entry of library statistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, send resume to Barbara Costas-Biggs, Manager of Library Services, by June 14, 2021.
Location: Facilities Management Department — Ohio University Southern Proctorville Campus
The Ohio University Southern Campus in Proctorville is seeking a part-time student worker for the Facilities Management Department. This 20-hour per week position involves miscellaneous physical activities associated with the maintenance of the physical surroundings at the Southern Campus. Only Ohio University Southern students are eligible to apply. Work hours will be scheduled around academic requirements and to meet the needs of the Department. Some early morning, evening, or weekend work hours may be required. State of Ohio minimum wage laws apply.
The desired candidate should possess a strong work ethic, be capable of receiving and following instruction, and be willing and able to participate in strenuous physical activity at times. The ability to work outdoor during all weather conditions is required. Common job related tasks as a part of the Facilities Management team includes assistance with or involvement in the following:
- Site and grounds maintenance including snow removal activities
- Landscape maintenance
- Miscellaneous light construction or maintenance projects
- Waste management / recycling programs
- Surplus material moving
- Special event set-up and tear down
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Other maintenance activities as assigned by the Director
Candidates with previous experience in landscape maintenance, maintenance, construction, or the willingness to learn is preferred. Personal and educational enrichment opportunities exist for the self motivated student. Such opportunities include involvement in projects associated with campus sustainability, energy conservation, landscape/horticultural projects, and other projects involving the growth and betterment of the Southern Campus. Come see how you can make a difference and apply your talents or learn new skills.
Interested candidates should contact:
Gary Payne, Manager-Maintenance and Operations