from Elizabeth Sayrs, Executive Vice-President & Provost
Nicole Pennington, Executive Dean of Regional Campuses
As you know, we are taking extensive precautionary measures at Ohio University in an attempt to keep our communities healthy and safe in light of the global coronavirus outbreak. No cases of coronavirus have been reported at any Ohio University campus or location, and we continue to believe the risk of transmission on our campuses is low at this time. However, as this outbreak is becoming more widespread in the United States – including three cases in the State of Ohio, which has declared a state of emergency – Ohio University is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our communities and the public at large.
While we know that moving all courses to an alternative delivery method is disruptive, we feel that this provides the best option for reducing the risks of spreading the virus. We also understand that you likely have questions that we want to attempt to answer. Here are some responses to recently asked questions from regional campus faculty, staff, and students.
- All campuses and centers remain open with faculty and staff available to support students either in person or online. We highly encourage students to reach out to faculty members, advisors, or staff when needed to support academic progress or other services.
- Students will be contacted by their instructor via email on or before Monday, March 16 to inform them of individual course plans. If a student has not heard from their instructor by 3/18, please contact the campus representative listed below for assistance.
- Designated spaces are available on all campuses/centers to access computers and Wi-Fi.
- Parking lots can also be used to access Wi-Fi.
- Clinicals, field placements, student teaching, internships, and practicums at off-site locations continue at this time. This is subject to change as the situation evolves.
- All campus/center events (including regional campus sporting events) scheduled through the end of March are canceled or rescheduled for a later date.
- Campuses and centers are not available for large group events.
- All university-sponsored travel is suspended.
The following individuals are primary contacts at each location to support students:
- Ohio University Chillicothe: Dywayne Nicely (email@example.com)
- Ohio University Eastern: Warren Galbreath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ohio University Lancaster/Pickerington: Janet Becker (email@example.com)
- Ohio University Southern/Proctorville: Salome Nnoromele (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ohio University Zanesville: Hannah Nissen (email@example.com)
We will continue to provide updates as more questions and issues arise. You can also refer to https://www.ohio.edu/health-alerts/human-coronavirus for the latest news and information.
Please contact Nicole Pennington (firstname.lastname@example.org) for other regional campus related questions or concerns.