Southern Coronavirus Information
Fall 2020 Update
With the health and safety of our University community at the top of our minds, we are preparing to welcome students back to classes this fall. As we work to deliver on our academic mission in the midst of a global pandemic, we recognize this will be a fall unlike any other. We have engaged expertise across our campus to plan the best possible student experience while reducing any risk to our campuses and the communities we serve.
Click here for full information: https://www.ohio.edu/coronavirus/fall-planning.
The buildings on the Ohio University Southern are now restricted to faculty and staff for your health and safety. See information below for WiFi access. For laptop loan information please contact Dr. Salome Nnoromele, Associate Dean at 740.533.4542.
Ohio University Southern has developed this special web page for our students to provide resources and guidance as we complete the current semester through remote and online learning. The University wants students to know that, even though we are not physically together at this time, our faculty and staff are working hard to ensure continuity of instruction as you progress through your academic career. We are here for you, because Bobcats take care of one another. More information is being added. Please check this page often for updates.
- Southern Contact information
- IT Services and Support
- Campus / Building Hours of Operation
- Southern Wifi Maps
- Southern Library (Update 6/26/20)
- Southern IT Work Order
- Remote Peer Mentor Live Events
- Remote Tutoring (updated 5/14/20 for Summer 2020)
- Testing Center- Testing at Ohio University Southern has been paused at this time.
- Making Payments In Person
- Using MS Teams to contact faculty/staff
- Satisfactory / No Credit Grades
Ohio University Information
- Fall Planning
- Keep Learning
- University Response and Information
- Coronavirus Response FAQ
- Keep Teaching
- Keep Working
Lawrence County, Ohio Coronavirus Response Resources
All Southern campus buildings are closed to students and visitors. Only faculty and staff may enter. See below for WiFi access.
Ohio University Southern parking lot and exterior areas with WiFi access locations highlighted in green .
Proctorville Center -WiFi access available in the front parking lot area highlighted in green.
- Any student who earns a letter grade of A to C- in any course during this semester (except for exempt courses) may choose to keep their grade or receive a S (Satisfactory) grade for that course.
- These students earning grades of A to C- have until May 13, 2020 to choose the “S” option for any of their courses that are not exempt or keep the grades they got.
- If a student likes the letter grade they got for a course, he/she does not have to do anything to keep that grade.
- However, if a student does not like the letter grade they got for a class, as long as they earned at least a C- for the course, they can change it to S.
- Students will be provided the option to change their grade on their own in the system. Please note that once a student switches to S, there is no option to switch back to a letter grade. So, they have to be careful here.
- Any D+ to D- grade will be converted automatically to an S (Satisfactory) grade for any course that is not exempt.
- Any F grade will be converted automatically to an NC (No Credit) grade for any course that is not exempt.
- FN and FS grades (where students failed for not attending class) will remain unchanged.
- S and NC grades will have no impact on a student’s GPA.
- The S grade will meet all requisite, major, and degree requirements.
- While the NC will not impact a student’s GPA, it cannot be used to meet any requirements or prerequisite.
- The courses that are exempt from this policy are those where the program requires a letter grade due to accreditation. This link contains the list of the exempt courses: https://www.ohio.edu/registrar/exempted-courses.