EMERGENCY MESSAGING SYSTEM
The information system uses your contact information from your My OHIO account. Keep your My OHIO information updated to receive emergency notifications.
To ensure that you receive the OHIOAlert! emergency updates, please take a moment to update your personal information.
Additionally, if the emergency is a critical incident, or becomes a critical incident, you will find information through some or all of the following, depending on the incident and the conditions at the time:
- Wailing siren for weather emergencies and tri-tone siren for Armed Intruder Situation.
- Ohio University Southern homepage
- Your Ohio University e-mail
- Non-tech methods (on-the-ground teams, bullhorns, posted alerts, etc.)
AED and Fire Extinguisher Locations
Please see the floor plans below for an illustration of the Automatic Emergency Defibrillators (AED) and Fire Extinguisher locations.
Emergency Shelter for Hazardous Weather Conditions
The OHIOAlert! system will provide informationas to the necessary steps to take for the pending weather emergency.
- Emergency shelter areas are located in corridors and other areas away from glass and marked by this sign.
- See the Hazardous Weather Condition maps below for the Emergency Shelter locations within each building.
Collins (1st floor) Collins (2nd floor)
Dingus (basement) Dingus (1st floor) Dingus (2nd floor) Riffe (1st floor)
Riffe (2nd floor) Riffe (3rd floor)
Upcoming Emergency Training
- AED/CPR Certification Training
- Emergency Response Training
- Fire extinguisher use training for all staff
- Staff self-dense training
- New Student Worker, Self Defense and safety training
- Emergency Response briefing at all orientations and on-line orientations.
- OUPD Active Shooter Training