Financial Aid Guidelines
By completing the FAFSA, students can apply to receive the Federal Pell Grant, federally funded student loans, work-study and other types of aid.
When you fill out the FAFSA, you will be asked for a school code. Ohio University Southern's school code is 003103.
Admission to Ohio University must be completed before financial aid can be processed. For assistance with your financial aid needs, you can consult with the Southern Campus staff or email email@example.com.
Beginning with the 2017 - 18 FAFSA, you should file by December 15th in order to meet the FAFSA first priority consideration date for campus-based financial aid programs, which is January 15.
The following documents must be obtained before you begin to complete the FAFSA:
You will need records or income for the year prior to when you will start school. You may also need records of your parents income information if you are a dependent student.
For example, for the 2016-17 school year you will need financial information for 2015
• Your Social Security Number (can be found on your Social Security card)
• Your driver's license (if any)
• Your parent's Social Security Number, if you are dependent.
• Your income tax return - IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040Telefile, foreign tax return, or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federaded States of Micronesia
• Your parent's income tax return (if you are a dependent student)
• Your W-2 forms
• Your parent's W-2 forms, if you are a dependent
• Your untaxed income records - Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), welfare, or veteran's benefits
• Your bank statements
• Your business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records
• Stock, bond, and other investment records, if applicable
• Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
• Most recent Federal 1040 Tax Return for student and/or spouse and/or parent(s) or guardian(s) and W-2 forms
• Documentation of any nontaxable income such as social security, child support, ADC, worker's compensation, etc
• (Be sure to keep a copy of your tax returns and W2 forms because the university may need a copy.)
Your Money Matters
Contact Jacki Adkins, Coordinator of Financial Aid & Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740.533.4603.
FAFSA CLASS ACT
ALL OCTOBER LONG
SCORE BIG SOCIAL
ALL OCTOBER LONG
Monday, October 17th at Noon - Dingus 220
Wednesday, October 19th at 3 p.m. - Dingus 220
Thursday, October 20th at 5 p.m. - Dingus 220