Scripps College dean candidates announced, visits planned
updated 11/9/11: A third candidate, Stuart Brotman, has withdrawn from the search.
ATHENS, Ohio (Nov. 2, 2011)--Ohio University Provost Pam Benoit announced today, on behalf of the Scripps Dean Search Committee, that the following individuals will be interviewing for the position of Dean of the Scripps College of Communication.
- Angela Powers, November 7 & 8
- Laurence Alexander, November 9 & 10
Curricula vitae and cover letters for the candidates are available on the Executive Vice President and Provost website at http://www.ohio.edu/provost/dean-searches.cfm, and are accessible to the Ohio University community (OU ID and password required.)
An open forum will be held for each candidate. Faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to attend. Times and locations of the open forums will be announced later this week.
Members of the search committee are:
- Phyllis Bernt, Information and Telecommunication Systems [Committee Chair]
- Roger Cooper, Media Arts and Studies
- Larry Wood, Information and Telecommunication Systems
- DevikaChawla, Communication Studies
- Mary Rogus, Journalism
- William Schneider, Visual Communication
- EddithDashiell, Dean’s Office
- Michael Rodriguez, WOUB Public Media
- Ran Ju, Graduate Student Representative
- Danielle Parker, Undergraduate Student Representative
- Hugh Sherman, Dean, College of Business
- Ann Fidler, Provost’s Office (staff, non-voting)
- From staff reports