Online Applied Communication Degree
Designed for associate’s degree-holding students who want to further their education and advance their careers, our bachelor of science in communication degree in the applied communication major is a fully-online degree-completion program.
Learn from award-winning faculty in our prestigious Scripps College of Communication and combine your previous coursework and professional experiences to engage in the study of multiple communication fields. When we design our courses, we focus on providing a virtual classroom experience that enhances the learning experience and allows for connection between students, and we schedule the work at a pace that is convenient for working adults.
You can receive credit for previous associate’s degree study and earn a bachelor’s degree in as few as two years. Ohio University offers affordable tuition with flexible and affordable payment options. You can apply now to begin in fall, spring or summer terms.
OnlineU has ranked Ohio University Scripps College of Communication’s online bachelor’s degree completion program in applied communication first in its “2018 Most Affordable Online Colleges for Public Relations Degrees” rankings.
According to the website, the rankings list 13 colleges and universities that offer the most affordable online bachelor’s degrees in public relations, all with annual tuitions under $17,000. All institutions considered for this ranking offer fully online degrees at the bachelor’s level or higher. Ohio University’s degree came in with the lowest annual tuition cost, at $7,290.
OnlineU ranked Ohio University Scripps College of Communication’s online bachelor’s degree completion program in applied communication eighth in its “2017 Most Affordable Online Colleges for Communications Degree” rankings. The rankings list 24 schools that offer the most affordable online communication degrees available, all with annual tuitions under $10,000.
The degree was also ranked #1 by Nonprofit Colleges Online. Our program received top rank out of 50 other communication programs nationwide for the “Best Online Bachelor’s in Communication and Public Relations: Students Before Profits Award 2015-2016.” Read more about this award.
- Study visual, written, and oral communication including courses in journalism, media production, web and print design, communication studies, and telecommunication systems.
- Join the Scripps College of Communication, recognized as a Center of Excellence by the Ohio Board of Regents.
- Use previous coursework to complete the degree in as little as two years. See how your previous coursework transfers.
- Tuition is affordable, and financial aid is available to those who qualify.
- Take classes from five different schools within the Scripps College:
- A conferred associate degree completed at a regionally accredited community college, regional campus, technical college or university (60 or more semester hours or 90 or more quarter hours).
- Combined grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
If you have questions about the requirements above, please contact Dr. Brittany Peterson, director of e-Learning.