Endeavor/ Miss Universe Organization
A Scripps exclusive internship offering, the Miss Universe Organization (MUO) produces the internationally-recognized MISS UNIVERSE®, MISS USA® and MISS TEEN USA® competitions. The Miss Universe Organization is a global community empowering role models of beauty, health and leadership for young women of today. As part of the Miss Universe Organization, Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA are dedicated to partnering with charities around the world, and to increasing awareness for HIV/AIDS and breast and ovarian cancers.
Six-month paid internships offer students experiences behind the scenes with several different internship opportunities. Students travel both nationally and internationally. MUO joins us each spring for recruitment; recruiting starts in January each year.
The Public Relations/Social Media Internship includes day-to-day activities managing all media monitoring and press clippings for the MUO brand, engaging with contestant bios, discovering interesting stories, writing press releases, media alert tip sheets and photo captions, planning press junkets, press conferences and red carpets, and much more.
The Digital Multimedia (Web-Video) Internship writes, shoots and edits for globally recognized brands. The Digital Multimedia Department at Miss Universe and IMG Original Content Shows (World’s Strongest Man and New York Fashion Week) is responsible for anything with MUO along with other shows.
The application period for the July 2022 PR/social media internship has been reopened!
Submit applications to Erin Roberts
Endeavor PR/Social Media intern duties:
- Manage all media monitoring and press clippings for the MUO brand
- Create media lists (domestic and international)
- Edit contestant bios, discover interesting/press worthy stories
- Assist in coordination of press opportunities and interview requests
- Assist in writing press releases, media alerts, tip sheets, photo captions, etc.
- Assist in planning press junkets, press conferences, red carpets, photo ops and events
- Review media credential applications, update media and RSVP lists for specific events
- Participate in company brainstorms for business development, cause alliance partnerships and various brand campaigns
- Schedule paid content on social channels
- Help run brand social channels
- Streamline content by organizing it into a content calendar
- Shoot, edit and publish social content
- Program and monetize content across social media channels
- Assist in producing digital videos
- Brainstorm trendy on-brand social content
Who is eligible?
This internship is exclusive to Ohio University students and open to those who have the skills to qualify.
What do I need to apply?
- Cover letter (addressed to Misha Rakheja)
Session I – July 2022 to January 2023 (on-site in NYC; but may begin as remote internship if needed!)
Applications should be submitted to Erin Roberts ASAP, but no later than noon on MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2022.
Those selected for interviews are highly encouraged to research the company and review its social media channels and content PRIOR to the interview.
Anna Birk participated in the PR internship during the spring 2022 semester. Read all about her experience, which included a red carpet movie premier!