Sanitation & Pest Control
The primary purpose of the Environmental Health Coordinator, along with the rest of the EHS staff, is to monitor and evaluate those environmental and safety conditions that may affect the well-being of students, staff and visitors within the buildings and on the grounds of O.U. When problems are identified, we take steps to effect physical or behavioral improvements, alterations or changes that would minimize or eliminate problems or promote better conditions of health and safety.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Pest & Nuisance Animal Control
- On-Campus food service inspections
- Instruction regarding safe food handling to groups conducting special events
- Injury/Accident/Incident investigation
- Oversee Residence Hall inspections
- Supervise production and distribution of departmental newsletters and other printed educational material.