Grant and Contract Regulations
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is reponsible for the non-fiscal administration of all awards which support research or other externally sponsored activity at Ohio University. ORSP staff negotiate award terms and conditions and prepare subcontracts and consulting agreements when required. Conact ORSP, firstname.lastname@example.org, 740.597.6777 for assistance.
The Bayh-Dole Act (37 CFR 401) Patent and Trademark Law Amendment Act of 1980
The act provides the legal framework for the transfer of university generated, federally funded inventions to the commercial market.
- Title 37: Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights CFR 401 Rights to Inventions Made by Nonprofit Organizations and Small Business Firms Under Government Grants, Contracts, and Cooperative Agreements)
- Council on Governmental Relations (COGR) Brochure describing the Bayh-Dole Act [PDF]
Federal Demonstration Partnership
A cooperative initiative among federal agencies and institutional recipients of federal funds. It was established to increase research productivity by streamlining the administrative process and minimizing the administrative burden on principal investigators while maintaining effective stewardship of federal funds.
- Department of Agriculture (USDA) Summary of Expanded Authorities [PDF]
Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars
Instructions or information issued by OMB to Federal agencies. These are expected to have a continuing effect of two years or more.
- A-21 Cost Principles for Educational Institutions
- A-110 Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements With Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations
- A-133 Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations
- OMB Index
Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Agriculture (AGAR) FAR Supplement (from USDA)
- Defense (DFARS) FAR Supplement
- Department of Transportation TAR (from DOT)
- Environmental Protection Agency EPAAR
- NASA FAR Supplement (from NASA)
- DOE FAR (DEAR) Supplement