Ryan Fogt, an associate professor of geography and director of the Scalia Laboratory for Atmospheric Analysis in the Ohio University College of Arts and Sciences, will be the featured guest on the Party Line talk show with Dave Palmer on WATH radio from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Thursday, Aug 8. Listeners can tune in to 970 AM/97.1 FM and can call in to ask questions at 740-592-6646.
Fogt will discuss the services provided by Scalia Laboratory and his recent research on polar climate change. He will answer the following questions:
• What is the Scalia Laboratory for Atmospheric Analysis, and what does it do for the Athens community?
• How can I keep updated on local weather from the Scalia Lab?
• How is polar climate change related to and different from global climate change?
• What are the main differences in climate change in the Arctic and Antarctic?
• What are the biggest scientific concerns regarding Antarctic climate change?
• In what ways can individuals be involved locally to help ensure a more sustainable future?
Fogt’s research interests include deciphering the roles of natural variability and human contributions to ongoing and historic Antarctic climate change through the use of observations, climate reconstructions and climate models. He recently has taken an additional role in the Ohio University Office of Sustainability as the sustainable administration hub coordinator. He has been a member of the Ohio University faculty since 2009.